CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Amazon card

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ugh Amazon Chase Visa.. What a PITA card Smiley Happy.  Best of luck

Quite honestly worthless when you compare it to the Sallie Mae.

Agreed as long as you have a dining card like the CSP or AARP..  Otherwise it does have dining on it.  That is why I oringally wanted it was for A) get in with chase (what a farse that was being easiest card to get, not), B) Amazon discounts C) Dining.  Anyways, no need for it anymore since CSP is with me now..  Sallie Mae still deciding whether I will app this year for it or not..

If you're going to get the card JUST for dining, which is 2% back, you might as well go for a 2% back on everything card like the Citi Double Cash or AMEX (unless you want to start a relationship with Chase, but aren't there better cards?). You'd get more uses otu of them and they shouldn't be as difficult to get anyway.

Citi has their place being the DC card, maybe in a year or so..  I have the QS if I just want a straight 1.5 % on whatever..  The CSP offers me 2% on dining and travel, but first friday of month 3% (granted doesn't equal much)..  I am more for the signup bonus and a relationship with Chase.. No cards at Citi really wow me..  The Citi DC usually gives bad CL initially as well and have to incur a second HP to get a decent limit on DC.  Just other cards on my hit list before the DC..  The DC will probably end up replacing my Cap1 end of the year or early 2016 or possibly the Fidelity Amex.

Message 21 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes, you can get the Citi DC instead of a 2% dining card, but historically most 2% everything cards have gone away or been nerfed ,and Citi is the king of nerfing cards to begin with.

None of their cards other than DC are even impressive, IMO. We'll see how long it lasts, but it would definitely not put all my eggs in the Double Cash basket!

Message 22 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also 2 UR points is worth more the 2 cent in travel/hotel stays.. If you use it as intended.  End of this month I will have approx 80-85k UR miles..  Might go for the INK end of year and imagine the 70k (I believe) bonus miles on top of that.. Huge!

Message 23 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ugh Amazon Chase Visa.. What a PITA card Smiley Happy.  Best of luck

Quite honestly worthless when you compare it to the Sallie Mae.

Agreed as long as you have a dining card like the CSP or AARP..  Otherwise it does have dining on it.  That is why I oringally wanted it was for A) get in with chase (what a farse that was being easiest card to get, not), B) Amazon discounts C) Dining.  Anyways, no need for it anymore since CSP is with me now..  Sallie Mae still deciding whether I will app this year for it or not..

@I got instant, but they had me log on with my Amazon account, which probably gave them my amazon history.  This is to get in with chase via a card that will get love (but no carried balance @ 19.44 interest).   After I get my sallie Mae, will see how it handles digital purchases (ie kindle).  If it doesn't take them, then I will keep this card, and get some other chase cards in 2016, play move the limits around.

Signature needs updating
Message 24 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Also 2 UR points is worth more the 2 cent in travel/hotel stays.. If you use it as intended.  End of this month I will have approx 80-85k UR miles..  Might go for the INK end of year and imagine the 70k (I believe) bonus miles on top of that.. Huge!

I would recommend that if you can meet the spend.  They grill the most on this business card, you need a solid business plan and some gross revenue already.  But it is a hidden trade line, and won't hurt your AAoA.  The ink cash is easier, but not for a heavy traveller.

Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.