Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase-Another approval possible?

tag
xangoboy
Contributor

Chase-Another approval possible?

I just got approved for the CSP last night for $5k, amongst some other cards.  They pulled Experian (now I have 6 inquiries total on EX), I checked the prequalifier, and it says I'm prequalified for the freedom and the slate.  Should I go for another Chase card, or just wait 6-12 months (let these new accounts age) to get another cc from Chase?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase-Another approval possible?

@xangoboy wrote:

I just got approved for the CSP last night for $5k, amongst some other cards.  They pulled Experian (now I have 6 inquiries total on EX), I checked the prequalifier, and it says I'm prequalified for the freedom and the slate.  Should I go for another Chase card, or just wait 6-12 months (let these new accounts age) to get another cc from Chase?

I'd go for it, you have nothing to lose since you already are on an app spree, apply for slate and freedom and get back to  us!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 2 of 18
xangoboy
Contributor

Or I could pay down my utilization a bit more. It's 26%. I can bring it to 15%, and then apply for them. But ithe new utilization won't reflect on my credit until a few more weeks (Closing date is 19th). And my new accounts will probably be showing by then. Hmm. Decisions.
Message 3 of 18
noobody
Established Contributor

i would do a second app, very likely only one HP for 2 app.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 4 of 18
NRB525
Super Contributor

Did those recent apps result in decent limits? What is the latest sequence of apping you've done in the last three months?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 18
xangoboy
Contributor

In the last week I've received the following:

Nasa-$12K
DCU- $5K
CSP-$5k
Barclay's-pending

I was declined for discover, comenity and Amex. I'm trying to get into prime card territory And fire FP and credit one. My CU did a HP on Ex, to unsecure my $7k secured card. But they want my proof of my charge off being paid on full. CO has $0 balance, but it's not fully paid off (collection account not reporting).

My ficos: Ex 684 (according to Amex CSR), Eq 668 (DCU), and TU 679 (myfico).

I'm also planning on apping to NFCU next week.
Message 6 of 18
xangoboy
Contributor

I want to try for another ChaSe. But am leary on getting another hp on EX. concerned they might decline. Only because I did the CSP app first and got approved and then did AMEX ED app which was declined. Both were ex hp.
Message 7 of 18
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@xangoboy wrote:

Chase pulled only EX?I wish they would do the same to me. I app for my Chase Card in 1 month interval. So if you like,you can go ahead after a month,show them some usage first.

Message 8 of 18
xangoboy
Contributor

They won't careally with all the new accountso showing in a month?
Message 9 of 18
xangoboy
Contributor

Sorry typos. *They won't care about all the new accounts showing in a month?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.