Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Application Process/Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Application Process/Status

I applied for the CSR last week and received an initial 30 day notice.  A few days later, the status via robo-lady turned to 7-10 days notice.  I figured the application was a long shot since I IIB CH13 (2010) for $6K, but wanted to test the waters with my sccores for EX above 810 now.  I waited for the mailed notice to find out reason for probable denial.

Fast forward until today, the mailed noticed was because they couldn't pull EQ due to a security freeze and to call back with a PIN for the freeze.  I knew there was a chance they might pull EQ, but thought they may just pull EX.  Anyway, my point for this post is to find out if this might actually be a good sign that I could be eligible to get back in with Chase?  If I were on their "blacklist", would they have sent a flat out denial similar to what AMEX sends along the lines of "... cannot be approved due to previous account being closed ..."?  Perhaps others here know more about the Chase approval process?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Application Process/Status

I had the same situation...not for the CSR but for the Amazon Prime Visa, I eventually was approved...however I made the mistake of having my alert removed instead of adding my contact info (so don't do that!), because I did that I had to go in branch to have my ID verified...1hr and 20minutes later (1hr and 10mins of this was just waiting to speak to someone) I was approved...good luck!

Message 2 of 5
thummel
Established Contributor

It could go either way at this point. its only two inquires total and I would give it a shot. If they deny it, you can always recon it too and plead your case to them.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an extremely happy camper this morning!  Just got around to unfreezing my Equifax report, called Chase back to let them know and the kind woman in Lending put me on hold for 30 seconds to check the report.  She came back on and said it was approved and we went on with life!  No questions about the previous Chase account IIB at all, thank you, Chase!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.