Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CCs?

tag
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Re: Chase CCs?

@TruBlu wrote:
If I may ask, what was the denial reason given? I think that might lend to a little more precise advice for your situation.
As for the 'easiest' Chase cards, anecdotally there is plenty of feedback here that the Slate and Freedom cards are the easiest. Probably because they don't have a 5k min threshold.
Have you tried the Chase pre approval page. They seem to have fairly reliable pre-approval offers. I think if you are testing the waters, the pre approval page is a good jumping off point.

Let us know what comes of it. Best of luck!!

Uhhh, I honestly don't remember the AA letter reason, I'll have to look around to see if I kept it. Perhaps foolishly, I apped for the CSP because it "fit" what I was interested in. My intent here is to be more judicious and develop a strategy before I app again BUT, I'm not interested in any "toy" initial CLs.

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 41 of 48
bobbay
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I really doubt Marriott actually compensates Chase for losses due to charge-offs.

So, I had no relationship with Chase.  Applied for Slate instant approval.  Since 2 apps at a time is no problem with Chase i immediatly apped for Marriot Premier Rewards.  Both of these apps were instant approval so it is a computer generated result with no bias.  If the risk/loss is the same why would the same bank with the same risk model system give me 3X on one card over the other unless their skin in the game was different.  I see lots of other people posting the same results of 2-3x limits on partner branded cards(Marriot, SW, Ritz) vs. Freedom,Slate,& CSP.  It seems logical to me but I dont know the inner workings of Credit Card departments.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 42 of 48
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@bobbay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I really doubt Marriott actually compensates Chase for losses due to charge-offs.

So, I had no relationship with Chase.  Applied for Slate instant approval.  Since 2 apps at a time is no problem with Chase i immediatly apped for Marriot Premier Rewards.  Both of these apps were instant approval so it is a computer generated result with no bias.  If the risk/loss is the same why would the same bank with the same risk model system give me 3X on one card over the other unless their skin in the game was different.  I see lots of other people posting the same results of 2-3x limits on partner branded cards(Marriot, SW, Ritz) vs. Freedom,Slate,& CSP.  It seems logical to me but I dont know the inner workings of Credit Card departments.

One can only take guesses...  Chase is always more generous it appears with their second card, even if it is in the same ngiht/app spree...  All speculation on how Chase works here..  Trying to match patterns, as we are just troughing darts blindfolded...  I would assume they took a bit of risk though especially if you see lower Ficos being approved for this card and getting denied the freedom persay..  Just speculation though?? who knows.

Message 43 of 48
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@bobbay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really?

We don't know that. Programmed parameters can easily be set differently for each and every card the same as any online application for any lender. Internal algorhythms may even ignore certain specifics such as scores.

It would certainly be interesting to get the opinion of a programmer that's actually experienced with these models

Message 44 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually....My own experience mimics and also contradicts this. My SW was an instant approval for 2K, Same day i also applied for a CSP which was also an instant approval but for 5K..

Next month I applied for a Freedom in branch and get an instant approval for 1.5K, then come home and apply for a Marriott and get instantly approved for 5K.

Is there any rhyme or reason to it? No. But I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. Smiley Happy
Message 45 of 48
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really?

We don't know that. Programmed parameters can easily be set differently for each and every card the same as any online application for any lender. Internal algorhythms may even ignore certain specifics such as scores.

It would certainly be interesting to get the opinion of a programmer that's actually experienced with these models

I have worked for Chase and Credit one as a programmer, different systems for each job...  it is certainly very possible and most likely is done.  Just never worked on this particular aspect of the system rather when I was with Chase I worked on the Offer Management system, but didn't see those parameters as my scope of the project was limited and Credit One I worked on a ton of stuff, but ya different criteria's being different AF's based on Scores and Credit Lines to scores, etc..

Message 46 of 48
bobbay
Established Contributor

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really?

My reference to bias was in reference to a CSR making different judgement calls.  I do fully think the algo's are biased based on the agreement between chase and the partner and that was what i was suggesting based on my limited experience.  Nixon, however, and his experience completly trashes the entire hypothisis.  LOL

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 47 of 48
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Humans can override any of the parameters. Which Chase seems very willing to do for many recons. They seem to be the exception when it comes to big bank$

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.