Did you mean: 

Chase CLI on all 3 cards..... Another HP on my EX :(

tag
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase CLI on all 3 cards..... Another HP on my EX :(

@09Lexie wrote:
@jakemod1

You know it! I vaguely remember discussions of a new car on another thread.

Shaking my head!

Yep, I remember! Smiley Wink

But I don't blame him. When I first learned about the little tips and tricks from reading around here, I was calling and asking every single one of my creditors for CLIs and account upgrades! lol I somehow managed to resist myself from getting too outta hand and limiting my HPs.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 11 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

It's only after discovering about this forums I started going on an app and CLI spree Smiley Tongue I feel like this forums is a hidden treasure that most people should know about.

Before this year, I have only gotten a new CC for the past 6 years because I didn't see a need for another nor did I know about all these benefits, and Amex also rejected me Smiley Sad

I'm done with apps and will only do SP CLI Smiley Tongue this was supposed to be SP or no CLI but I'm happy they gave me an increase
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 19
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the increases, very nice! I'm jealious lol. If you don't mind me asking, what did you state your income as? And how long have you been with chase?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 13 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

My approximate US income is 140k. I was going to include my overseas income, but I don't pay taxes on them so I didn't include it since I can't show docs if they FR me.

I have a chase checking account since 2009 and have a chase amazon visa for almost 2 years. For my income I think I'm on the low end when it comes to limits. A lot of other users are getting 20k+ cards
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 19
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Congrats one the CLIs!  Smiley Happy

Chase doesn't often give CLIs without an HP,  to get 3 on 1HP is really pretty impressive.  Considering your conversation with them about the HP issue however, the person you emailed may be looking into the phone notes or records, it can take a few days at times. 

You might see the INQ removed in a few days without any contact. 

Or,  you could contact them again about being assured they didn't need to HP for the increases and politely explain that if you haven't already (I'm guessing  you did though).  Instead of asking them to remove it entirely, approach them with the idea of simply changing it to a soft INQ (it's not an unreasonable request considering your conversation prior to the CLIs).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

The lady has yet to give me a call, so I'm just going to wait for her to call me, or I might give her a ring on Friday. I will try to ask if they can remove the inquiry, but if they can't, I'm just gonna let things be, rather than giving her a hard time when she helped me out. I will probably need her help again in the future, so no point burning this bridge down I suppose
Message 16 of 19
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
The lady has yet to give me a call, so I'm just going to wait for her to call me, or I might give her a ring on Friday. I will try to ask if they can remove the inquiry, but if they can't, I'm just gonna let things be, rather than giving her a hard time when she helped me out. I will probably need her help again in the future, so no point burning this bridge down I suppose

You got a great increase across all 3 with one HP!!!  IMO you need to just leave this alone and be ecstatic about the fact that you got 3 for 1.  That was actually amazing!  You said you have 12 inquiries in 24 months?  Well then that means that some should be falling off in a bit then.  And if not, 12 inquiries are not that bad at all.  November is 7 months away and if you don't app for anything else until then I don't think that most creditors will hold it against you.

I think when people are reading about others complaining about the HP's its mostly because we plan on apping for something else in the near future and don't want the new potential creditor to deny us based on the HP's.  If a current creditor has already given us credit then they've seen the HP's already so they are essentially a non-issue after the approval of credit.  Also there are some creditors that will take AA based on the presence of additional HP's (i.e. Barclays), but in your case I don't think you have much if anything to worry about....just my 2 cents.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 17 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@enharu wrote:

You got a great increase across all 3 with one HP!!!  IMO you need to just leave this alone and be ecstatic about the fact that you got 3 for 1.  That was actually amazing!  You said you have 12 inquiries in 24 months?  Well then that means that some should be falling off in a bit then.  And if not, 12 inquiries are not that bad at all.  November is 7 months away and if you don't app for anything else until then I don't think that most creditors will hold it against you.

I think when people are reading about others complaining about the HP's its mostly because we plan on apping for something else in the near future and don't want the new potential creditor to deny us based on the HP's.  If a current creditor has already given us credit then they've seen the HP's already so they are essentially a non-issue after the approval of credit.  Also there are some creditors that will take AA based on the presence of additional HP's (i.e. Barclays), but in your case I don't think you have much if anything to worry about....just my 2 cents.

yea now that i have more time to think about it, i'm pretty happy. out of my 12 inquiries, 10 are made in the past 2 months Smiley Sad so they're sticking with me for the next 2 years. i'm going to wait till they become >1 before i apply for anything, unless there's some really attractive and compelling sign up bonus at the end of this year.

I'm trying to get approved for Amex but they have a big issue with my number of inquiries, so I really got to let it sit and die out :/

Message 18 of 19
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

The fact you have so many inquiries... One more wont kill you... Take the cli and run with it
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.