Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI with HP 7–10 day message

tag
j615
Regular Contributor

Chase CLI with HP 7–10 day message

Requested CLI on my CFU via secure message. Authorized HP requesting $40K. Currently at $19K. (Don't want a new card/account right now so rather burn a HP.)

Response was: "You can expect a decision in seven to ten business days..."

There was also a number provided to call if you want more info now about this request. Number takes you to generic Chase card services. Any idea if this is possibly an approval or denial? Should I wait, or call to speak with someone?

I've had this card for 14–15 months.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Chase CLI with HP 7–10 day message

Sorry...sounds like you just burned a pull. Almost, always easier to just pick up another card than request a CLI with Chase. Not too late to still grab a CC on the pull if done before 12 midnight on the same day.

Hopefully they'll approve you for a CLI. Most 7 to 10s are a denial with Chase. Never know..you could be OK.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I requested my CLI with chase via secure message from $15.4k to $25k the response was directly from the underwriter saying, congratulations your request was approved. Sorry to say sounds like it was a denial, I would try calling in and speaking with the underwriter directly. 

Message 3 of 7
j615
Regular Contributor

Gmood1: I understand, but didn't want another card or affect my AAoA.

tydawg: Thanks, that's helpful info. I'll call and ask for UW.
Message 4 of 7
j615
Regular Contributor

Spoke with Lending Services. 19 min phone call.

The rep reviewed my CLI app and profile (nothing bad on my profile for them to see). Asked a bunch of questions, placed me on hold a few times. Came back and told me the app is now being processed for second level review with lending and that I would get a letter in about a week.

I guess it's good I wasn't denied within this call? Any other thoughts on what the outcome might be? Hoping for the best!

Edit: Upon logging in to my online account, my limit now shows $30K increased from $19K. Didn't get the full $40K but I'm happy.

Message 5 of 7
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

After 2nd level review they are sending you a letter? I dont want to assume but it sounds like a denial or perhaps they need additional information. If it was an approval they would have told you on the phone. When I used a HP for my CLI in January, they gave me 8K over the phone, no questions asked other than basic information (name,ssn, etc...)

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

After 2nd level review they are sending you a letter? I dont want to assume but it sounds like a denial or perhaps they need additional information. If it was an approval they would have told you on the phone. When I used a HP for my CLI in January, they gave me 8K over the phone, no questions asked other than basic information (name,ssn, etc...)

They are still required to send an Adverse action letter because they did not give him the full $40k that he asked for, that is likely the letter they were referencing. He was approved for the limit increase just not all the way. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.