Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP 30 day

tag
Floyduda
New Contributor

Re: Chase CSP 30 day

Green check marks, yes!....CSP in July....and United MileagePus in November....I had so many new accounts, I never would have applied in November if it wasn't for that green check mark.... 

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's crazy stuff, do you have a slamming 800+ TU FICO8??

Also, how often do you "update income" on the Chase site?

Message 12 of 22
Floyduda
New Contributor

Absolutely not! I wish though...my Fico was probably around 680 for CSP and 690 for United MileagePlus....Income doesn't change that frequently, but when it does, I do update....

As I eluded to the OP....when someone does give me credit(opportunity), I do treat it right!...

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's really awesome!  My TU just hit 701 this month so here's hoping I get a green checkmark soon, although I actually kinda want CSR in 2018 so I'm willing to wait.  I have an unpaid tax lien on TU which keeps it down, but seeing you get approved in 600s means a lot!  What's holding your scores back, if I may ask?

Message 14 of 22
Floyduda
New Contributor

I'm not sure exactly, but I just started building credit in June 2016....12 new accounts since then and my AAoA is only 10 months...I also have a collection from 2011 that keeps reporting every week as "Failed to Pay."  The collection just fell off Equifax and should fall off TU and EX soon...Even though they re-aged the account to 2013....Hopefully my scores will improve, but I have all the credit I need for a long visit to the Garden!!

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Tuesday I applied for the CSP as well and got the 30 day message. Called in and was told they would send me a letter in 5-7 days and that I then had to send in ID and address verification. I was leaving in exactly 8 days for Christmas and will be gone for 3 weeks. I asked if I could walk the documents to my local branch now and they said yes. The banker faxed them in and gave me a number to call if I had any questions. Immediately called them to see if I could speed the process along. I was told no and that I had to wait 24-48 hours. Kept checking the automated status line for the next few days and still had the 30 day message. Called in exactly 48 hours later only to find they still haven't processed it. The lady said she can request to have it rush reviewed and it would take 4-6 hours. I said yes. Called in exactly 6 hours later to find I was approved for 5K. This was Thursday. I asked to have it rushed shipped since I'm leaving on Wednesday and they said yes. Waiting on one day shipping via UPS. Should be here Monday I'm assuming.
Message 16 of 22
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I already did phone verification I wonder if your thought is that by calling Monday it'll help push my offer though? 

About the signature. Thank you! I did it because I wanted to show a progression on my rebuild since I have received so much help here at MyFico. I figured if I put it in a logical order another could follow my steps as I've followed in those of so many here. If I could do it again I think I would have gone with the Plat from NFCU and the Promise from PenFed. I think a few PC's are in my future! Low APR's no annual fees and a simple single reward structure are what fit me best! That's why I really like the idea of a CSP and pushing points from my FU. Then there will be the trick of changing that Amex Delta. Maybe move the balance to a BCE at some point? but that's for another thread.. 

I would call and check the status.

Keep us posted.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got the best of me Sjt. Still on "internal verification" and they don't need to speak to me right now, "should only be a few days"..
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So bad news. I'm remembering why I've closed my Chase account twice before.. So it seems a couple of things have transpired that I was totally unaware of. Here is the order of events and data points so far:

1. Chase gave me a CLI without my knowledge on Nov. 23rd for $1k bringing my total on my FU to $1.5k.

2. Chase takes adverse action and closed my FU on Dec. 4th. It was paid in full and had a zero balance at the time.

3. I noticed I was pre approved for CSP on Dec. 6th and thinking it was a solid offer I applied even though I had no intention of this before I saw the offer. 

4. I get a HP on TU and then EX and app goes 30 days.

5. On the 12th my app goes 7-10, I panic and call to recon: reason for denial was adverse action on a previous Chase credit card, say what? Remember I was unaware of the increase and closure at this point. 

6. I complain and find out the whole left hand right hand thing with the credit review and new credit folks.

7. I speak with a risk analyst and ask how it makes any sense to raise my CLI without my asking, prequalify me for another product only to deny my said prequal because of the AA on my newly raised credit line. confusing and illogical right? 

8. Reason given for closing FU was to many new accounts. 

9. She says all I can do is ask to be reinstated I agree as I have nothing to lose now.

10. Today, the 14th of Dec., I get another call from who I assume to be a risk analyst that calls from an unknown number and proceeds to ask me questions about my credit. I guess I answered correctly because she said she's reinstating my card. 

11. I ask about reconsideration on CSP since it was a preapproval and denied for AA on the FU which was reinstated. She said wait for the letter and call back in.

I'm really disenchanted with Chase at this point. Unacceptable when there are so many other generous lenders wanting my business. I'm going to recon the CSP because I took the pulls but the whole thing seems really deceptive on their end. I get that that comes from their departments not communicating but giving out HP and AA after a CLI and preapprovels is really low imho. I get that we're not typical around here but we don't deserve this kind of treatment. 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

CFPB complaint is warranted but put in all the information.

Lenders absolutely have to commit to left hands talking to right hands. I detest government agencies but I love bureaucrat lenders having to deal with other bureaucrats.

I'd inform CFPB if it doesn't go your way and explain to them they pre-approval wording and offer and ask them to make Chase commit to their wording.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.