Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Card Application Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Card Application Status

Applied last night and got the "you will receive a letter in 30 days...." msg. I was livid b/c I expected an automatic approval since I have banked with them for over 10 yrs and I paid off a 30 thousand dollar car loan about 6 months ago w/ them. needless to say, I was proactive and called the # listed here and the rep told me I was denied for having too many inquiries when infact I only had 1 in the past year. So, she kept me on hold for about 3 minutes and came back and said that they have approved me for 3500! Just wanted to say thanks for posting your experiences. Had it not been for you guys, I would have accepted the denial. So, to all of you who follow this thread, it is about 3 years after its original post and the # still works. If you get denied, CALL. you've got nothing to lose and they are really very helpful. Thanks

Message 31 of 110
drkaje
Senior Contributor

How long after your initial approval/activation is it possible to get a CLI from Chase without a hard pull?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 110
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

i dont think its possible with chase nowadays every cli request from the customer is a hard no matter what they will tell you they review their accounts periodically for cli but I spoke to a csr and he told me he has 2 chase cards and that they havent really been giving automatic cli's for the past year or 2. you would have to request it

amazon
Message 33 of 110
drkaje
Senior Contributor

^ Thanks!

The card would be more useful with a credit limit matching other ones I have. It's not worth a hard pull, even if they did give me another $5K. I'll be down to 4 or 5 total inquiries when September ends and 3 next August. I'll be positioned to buy a house by then and don't want the inquires high.

I was going to call and ask if it was a hard pull but the number (listed on back door thread) has been changed.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it's worth, I got an automatic 2500 CLI from Chase in July  on my Slate (to $7000). Shortly thereafter I requested a PC to a Freedom card and they accepted. I then asked they lower my APR, but they said no.

Message 35 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for posting this number. I applied one week ago and when I called the credit card application status phone number # I just got a message stating " In Review". Therefore, I called the "backdoor" number and immediately was told my application was denied for a past bankruptcy. I explained it had been over 10 years and the bankruptcy was removed from all three credit companies records. Moreover, I currently have a credit score ranging from 820 to 840 with all three credit bureaus. After I explained this the friendly representative said she would review the denial and put me on hold. She soon came back and told me I was approved for $4000. They obviously want me to prove myself before giving me anymore credit, but I can't complain as I will now be earning air miles on all  my purchases. Thanks again, the "backdoor" number saved a lot of headache red tape cutting.

Thanks Again!!

Message 36 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied on Saturday, 9/17. Got the dreaded "under review" message. I called the normal backdoor number yesterday and today, and still the "You'll hear from us in 2 weeks." Which sounded to me like a denial. Called the listed backdoor number, and talked to a lending analyst. She said it was denied due to an old, CO account with Chase. I told her the only account I could think of, associated with Chase, was my current car loan that seems to be backed by Chase.

She asked me a few questions, put me on hold a couple times, then asked about my Barclay's card (my current top limit card). It is about 15% utilization right now. Read out to be sure what card I was applying for, and said she was passing it to a Senior Underwriter for another review. Said also I could check back in a few business days, or wait until I heard something in the mail.

Sounds like a double failure to me, sadly...we'll see.

Message 37 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a chase freedom card 2 days ago and called this number #2 - I was told the application has been denied and the reason being i don't have any credit history at all Smiley Happy  I have moved to the US few weeks ago and got my Chase Checking Account and my company gave me a Chase Corporate Credit Card (with my social security #) - Looks like this can'e be a basis to get a credit card. 

Appreciate any suggestion how to go about this?

Message 38 of 110
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

First, welcome to the forums.

Just a tidbit of advice.  I'd make a new topic for your issue.  That way you can always check there and 90% of the responses would be tailored for your problem!

That said.. I think you have to start with a secured card or store-only credit cards.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 39 of 110
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

I would call back and ask the same question to someone else!

Message 40 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.