Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Card Application Status

tag
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Card Application Status

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi friends,

I applied for a SW Rapid Rewards card online from Chase a couple days ago as they keep sending me letters in the mail.

I got the, 'Your application is under review, wait 10 days or so for a response in the mail' or something like that...

Well im impatient so I stumbled upon this forum and gave the 'application status' line a call and the automated macine told me its still under review..

Should I go ahead and call the recon line even though I dont know if im denied or approved?

Im pretty sure im denied. Im not sure what my score is but Credit Karma is saying its around 678. I have one baddie, a Slate card with only a $500 limit thats nearly maxed of course and a target card of 1 year at $500 limit.

My objective is not to get credit but to build credit so I can look at homes in a years time.. I want my score to be around 750 before I look at homes.

Also is this the right number to call? Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)

Great site and thanks for any help.!

No, thats not the number. Try this one - 888-245-0625. It doesnt hurt to recon again.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 101 of 110
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Maaaaan, why did I wait to app until 10:30 at night??

I spent the better part of the evening psyching myself up that I was going to throw in for a Slate.  Finally got up the nerve, put in all my info and submitted, and got the 10-day notice.  I figured, no worries, I can just call the backdoor number... silly me, assuming 24-hr service in this department!  So now I get to go to bed, nerves all aflutter, and hope for some decent news tomorrow morning.

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 102 of 110
kawaiiguy
Established Member

Well at least one good thing about them is that they will be happy to decision that for you right away on the phone when you call so at least you won't have the whole 7-10 wait!!

Message 103 of 110
kawaiiguy
Established Member

No, thats not the number. Try this one - 888-245-0625. It doesnt hurt to recon again.

+1 to the recon, even if approved I always ask for recon. Has yet to fail me. Never accept their first offer!!

Message 104 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Hyatt 2 free nights + $50 statement credit on Satuday, 10/11 and am still being told that it could take 30 days to reach a decision. I called the back door but no luck, she told me the same thing. She mentioned that the application was deferred and there is nothing they can do until it's reviewed. I have 3 other Chase cards that I've opened over the last 5 months.

Message 105 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just applied for a Chase Slate card. Got the 7-10 day message. I already have an Amazon Chase Card, wanted it changed to a new product, but they aren't elligible for that. Will call recon. tomorrow morning when they open. Fingers crossed they are willing to approve me and just transfer my balance over. 

Message 106 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good scores, congrats man but try to up those limits

Message 107 of 110
Phico_Phil

Number is still good as of today, 888-245-0625.  By the way, here come the caps:  THE 50,000 POINT BONUS IS BACK ON - if you don't have all 3 versions of this card, go get them if you can, can mange to wrangle 50,000 bonus points on 2 or more if them if you play it right.

Message 108 of 110
Phico_Phil

... almost forgot... yes, recon still works well with this number, I received the "we will let you know in 2 weeks" message, called, there was a delay because they needed to have me personally verify that I submitted the online apps, approved for $5K on the spot.

Message 109 of 110
kawaiiguy
Established Member

@Phico_Phil wrote:

... almost forgot... yes, recon still works well with this number, I received the "we will let you know in 2 weeks" message, called, there was a delay because they needed to have me personally verify that I submitted the online apps, approved for $5K on the spot.

Yes the number definately still works!  I requested a CLI for my Freedom and said they would get back to me when a decision is made.  So I called the Recon number right after that and just told the guy honestly I just put it in but I just wanted to know if he had to decision it for me now and he gladly did so.  Went from 7 to 10k no sweat.  If you have the means Chase is very cooperative with requests so far as I have found.

Message 110 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.