Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Disney

tag
Kree
Established Contributor

Chase Disney

I've decided I want the chase disney premier card.

I previously applied for a chase amazon prime card and was denied.  At the time I had a 650 score and 95% utilization, and 1 90d that was 6 years 6 months old. and 1/24

Now I have a 700 score, 70% utilization, 1 90d that is 6 years 8 months old and 2/24

Do  I have a chance?  I am going to disney on my honeymoon in April, so I cant wait for my 90d to drop off in February before applying.  Similarly I can't get my utilization below 50% before march.

If I apply and can't get the premiere, will I have shot myself in the foot over getting the standard disney instead?

Cheers,

Kree

Edit:

AAoA 5y1m

And I don't care about limit, 300 monies would be fine as I can finish cleaning up by march and ask for a CLI

Edit2:  Update,  Applied got a SL of 4500

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Disney

Hi, the main thing i see possibly being a problem is the 70% utilization. Even if you cant bring it below 50%, even a 60% looks better. I would try to lower your overall utilization as much possible but leaving enough time say should you get approved that you could receive the card before you go. Just my average 2 pennys for the daySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 19
Kree
Established Contributor

Yeah, the utilization is killing me.   MyFICO score simulators say I will be in the 800club in february if I get UTI under 30%

I could pop it under 60%, but the guys in general credit are telling me that holding on to my emergency fund is a good idea, even if I'm being hit on interest. Heck i guess I could knock it down to 50% and then ride it back up for a month to rebuild my fund, but I'm trying to get a feel for odds before I kill my reserves.

Cheers,

Message 3 of 19
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Get the util down and as long as you don't have any recent baddies in the last few years, you should be fine.  

Good luck!  

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DH was approved earlier this year (not the premiere with a CL of $4000.  Scores probably around 670, high uitilization, no new accounts in 2 years and no inquiries.  His AAoA is decent, not a lot of cc's, but has different types of credit in good standing.  1 derogatory from about 6 years ago.  TBH, outside of the Disney gift card that we got for meeting the requirements, I don't find it to be a great card, the rewards are so small.  We get better rewards with my Chase Freedom Unlimited.  We live 3 hours from Disney and will be buying annual passes again for next year for our big family Christmas present and we'll probably use it for the little perks that it has while in the parks like character meets.  Disney really is a magical place and a wonderful place to spend your honeymoon (at least I think so!).  DH and I would probably go even if we didn't have kids.  

Message 5 of 19
Kree
Established Contributor

I used to go all the time when I was a kid, but when parents stopped paying, I stopped affording.  The fiance has been to DW but DL will be a first for her.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Chase Disney card with the $200/$500 SUB offer is pretty good for that offer, but the perks are pretty lame unless you do Disney often or spend a lot there.

Chase definitely is utilization-adverse for a lot of people.  Even 50% utilization is pretty scary to them, but if you're in with Chase already, it's probably not a big deal to apply when you get that utilization down some more.  It's only an inquiry, not going to hurt for more than 12 months.

Message 7 of 19
Kree
Established Contributor

Sadly my payment posted a day later than expected, and Discover reported 20% higher than its sitting at now.  But there is always next month, and my Util will be even lower then.  Also I just found out 90s drop off at the date of first delinquency, not the date of 90 past, so My only real neg will drop off in November too.

Hooray for good credit month.

Message 8 of 19
Kree
Established Contributor

Still enamoured with the idea of getting a chase disney card.  I've been researching numbers to make sure it won't be an app in vain.  And the best information I could find is that chase requires credit utilization under 50% to successfully apply.

Does anyone happen to know if 50% means total utilization, or one each individual account as well?

Message 9 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good question, am interested in knowing as well.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.