Can anyone conifrm if Chase uses Fico 8 for credit cards

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Fico

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone conifrm if Chase uses Fico 8 for credit cards

From my experience, they have their own scoring system for card acquisitions.  

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the welcome/card letter for all 3 of my Chase accounts.

Both Freedoms (one closed due to sheety terms) pulled data from Experian but under "information about your score" it says:

Scoring System Name : Card Acquisition Risk Score

Source : Chase Bank USA

Score Range : 250 - 900 (Definitely not FICO8)

Chase Ink Cash:

Scoring System Name : FICO Score

Source : Transunion

Score Range : 250 - 900 (Probably FICO8 Bankcard)

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a CSP and an FU.  This is the free credit score they give you with their cards.  You can go through Chase internally or straight to this website below.  Both are actually TU Vantage 3.0.

https://www.chase.creditviewdashboard.com/CreditView/login.page?enterprise=ChaseBankNA

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a CSP and an FU.  This is the free credit score they give you with their cards.  You can go through Chase internally or straight to this website below.  Both are actually TU Vantage 3.0.

https://www.chase.creditviewdashboard.com/CreditView/login.page?enterprise=ChaseBankNA

Slate is an exclusion to that though, since it gives an EX FICO score (Not Credit Journey).

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the CSP, it's their own score. When I received the letter with my credit card, it had Chase's own score (724) which is different from any of my FICOs. However, they did pull TU. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a denial and the letter showed my score 20 points higher than my EX Fico 8 (they pulled EX). Was wondering if I could anticipate the increase or if it was their scoring.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't remember what my FU used, but both my Freedom and Amazon used Chase's internal score.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.