Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom 6x cli after 3 months

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom 6x cli after 3 months

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to to share my recent success with my chase freedom card.

I opened the acct in Nov 2013 with the intention of having the cli increase high enough over time to become my go to card.

today I decided to go for a cli over the phone. Csr left the amount to be requested open (hoping it would at least counter and not deny me). after 30 seconds csr says I'm denied!.... said thank you kept calm and called recon right away. Recon rep was very nice and said she would look into my denial. Went over the reasons and said they were not valid for a denial. Asked me how much I wanted? I said to match my highest card at $25k. She reviewed for maybe 5 mins and came back w/ a counter of $15k. Said my thanks and started celebrating!

the card was used to 50% limit and PIF. my card today also had a 50% bal when i made the request. 

Now.... I am wanting the sapphire preferred. Do you think I can get it? Or would I be pushing it? 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom 6x cli after 3 months

Congrats on the approval Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Nice increase! Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 17
blunderer
Established Contributor

Wow!!!!  Congrats on that awesome CLI!!!

Message 4 of 17
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the recon and CLI

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 5 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Incredible Result!!!

Congrats!
Message 6 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Bsong wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to to share my recent success with my chase freedom card.

I opened the acct in Nov 2013 with the intention of having the cli increase high enough over time to become my go to card.

today I decided to go for a cli over the phone. Csr left the amount to be requested open (hoping it would at least counter and not deny me). after 30 seconds csr says I'm denied!.... said thank you kept calm and called recon right away. Recon rep was very nice and said she would look into my denial. Went over the reasons and said they were not valid for a denial. Asked me how much I wanted? I said to match my highest card at $25k. She reviewed for maybe 5 mins and came back w/ a counter of $15k. Said my thanks and started celebrating!

the card was used to 50% limit and PIF. my card today also had a 50% bal when i made the request. 

Now.... I am wanting the sapphire preferred. Do you think I can get it? Or would I be pushing it? 

Congrats Smiley Happy WTG

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Nice! Congrats to you!

Message 8 of 17
cottontop
Contributor

I think if they gave you 15k you can get the CSP.  At the worst, you would have to call Recon & reallocate 5k from Freedom to open the new account.  

BTW Congrats on the massive CLI!!

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 9 of 17
Jerryf08
New Contributor

You could try to apply and take the HP, if you don't want to take the HP you can consolidate your credit to open the CSP. I just did that yesterday! They said I had more than enough credit for my age/income. I have 4 chase accounts now after consolidating for the CSP. The reps are very very nice, or at least the ones I got. Technically it would be better to open a new account with the HP because you actually get more credit, but you did just get a CLI so I'm not sure if you would be approved. I think worst case scenario would be that they deny you due to not enough experience with current card, but if that happens you can cosolidate (relocate) credit to open the CSP.

Chase Freedom: $5000, CSP: $12800 Chase Hyatt: $5000, Amazon Visa: $500, Amex BCE: $23200, Discover IT: $3600, Walmart Disc: $7500, BOA Cash $5000, Best Buy: $3500
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.