tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom App.

@gdale6 wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@datrucking210 wrote:

Called and sure enough my app was declined. Rep mentioned BK in 08 and one chase charge off, my parents used it then divorce but ultimately it was my account so my debt. I didn't try to recon since I was in a hurry to go out but will try again and maybe the second rep can see past those two things and approves me.

If you have a Chase CO on the report now you are not going to be approved, you will have to wait for it to drop off,

What's a charge off? (CO)

A charge off is the term applied  when a creditor writes off a balance owed to them to their profit and loss statement.

So it's quite a bad blemish on one's report. Thank you for answering! This would be considered a "Baddie?"

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 11 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@SecretAzure wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@datrucking210 wrote:

Called and sure enough my app was declined. Rep mentioned BK in 08 and one chase charge off, my parents used it then divorce but ultimately it was my account so my debt. I didn't try to recon since I was in a hurry to go out but will try again and maybe the second rep can see past those two things and approves me.

If you have a Chase CO on the report now you are not going to be approved, you will have to wait for it to drop off,

A charge off is the term applied  when a creditor writes off a balance owed to them to their profit and loss statement.

So it's quite a bad blemish on one's report. Thank you for answering! This would be considered a "Baddie?"

Oh yes its a baddie...

Message 12 of 14
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

@datrucking210 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@datrucking210 wrote:

Dummy me should've read more here instead of jumping the gun and thinking I had a chance. Oh well leason learned.

I'm thankful that these forums exist. I will never make another major credit decision again without coming here and asking for suggestions/help/ideas first. This is a very valuable resource full of an extremely helpful community. 

So true.  Reading about trials and denials (stay away from approvals) keeps me from emotional apping (boredom, depression, app approval addiction Smiley Wink).

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 14
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@datrucking210 wrote:

Oh yes its a baddie...

So much so, the only card in my sig I got was capital one with baddies still there.  My Alaska card started as secured, but they wouldn't unsecure until only small medical collections left (which I later got removed, on TU only, because didn't owe).  Wanted semi prime reports (they are all now clean) for prime cards. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.