Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI Denial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom CLI Denial?

Hey all!

Last Sunday, I applied for CSP and was instantly approved for 24k. I decided to take my chances, so I called the number on the back of my Chase Freedom card and requested a CLI to match the 24k on my CSP. The customer service rep ask me questions about my income etc, but at the end I was given the 7-10 days message instead of the instant approval. The next day, I noticed a HP, but there was no change in my credit line. Does this usually mean my request was denied?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom CLI Denial?

Usually
Message 2 of 9
Shock
Established Contributor

you got instant approval for 24k on csp, and you wanted them to match 24k on your csp? makes no sense?

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 3 of 9
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@Shock wrote:

you got instant approval for 24k on csp, and you wanted them to match 24k on your csp? makes no sense?

I would not go as far as saying the request does not make sense! B/C apparently it does to GreenGold. But will say unrealistic, being that you are asking a credit lender to match a CL of one of their own product (s).

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been a year since I got the Freedom card, so I was hoping for at least a counter-offer.

If I do get the denial letter, is it possible to call for a recon without getting another HP?

Message 5 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

What's the limit on your Freedom? Perhaps it's better to transfer some of the CSP limit onto that if you're worried about the limit not being as even.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been a year since I got the Freedom card, so I was hoping for at least a counter-offer.

If I do get the denial letter, is it possible to call for a recon without getting another HP?

You can call them, but I doubt there's even a chance that Chase will be able to match your CSP.  Also, it's likely you might incur another HP.  It's possible you have reached your internal limit with them for the time being.  Do you even use your Freedom to that capacity?

Message 7 of 9
Shock
Established Contributor

I totally read the OP wrong..or the title wrong. i thought he got instantly approved for a CSP, then called for a CLI on that card to match the existing 24k on another CSP..ahhh!

Anyways, 

after a big approval like that, chances are you are pretty close to exposure with them. Theyll wonder why you need anymore credit after they just gave you 24k worth.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shock wrote:

I totally read the OP wrong..or the title wrong. i thought he got instantly approved for a CSP, then called for a CLI on that card to match the existing 24k on another CSP..ahhh!

Anyways, 

after a big approval like that, chances are you are pretty close to exposure with them. Theyll wonder why you need anymore credit after they just gave you 24k worth.

+1

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.