Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI on approval...

tag
Infamouscxr
Established Member

Chase Freedom CLI on approval...

First off i would like to thank you all on this board... I've been a lurker for a while and have learned so much. So thank you, thank you, thank you... Bear with me on this post as I'm going to give past history from the past two years...

So Saturday I decided to pull the trigger and apply for the Freedom card. After being denied two years ago (10/2011) from lack of credit and a thin file. After reading the forums for months I applied for a Capital One platinum (6/2012) and could only get approved for the 49/200 secured. I took the plunge knowing the card wouldn't grow but I needed to start some where. After six months of using and pif I received the $100 unsecured increase. I decided (2/2013) to re-apply for the unsecured platinum from Capital One after using the chat now feature and received the classic platinum with a 500 limit. I was enrolled in the credit steps program for a 250 cli on fifth payment... To my suprise after fifth payment they increased it not $250 but instead $3000! <~~~ the zeroes are correct. A month after increase I emailed EO for a PC and was told I was already approved for the Quicksilver and was granted the PC. After this I waited another month and decided to app for the Freedom once again on Saturday and was approved for $1200. I thought wow that's awesome a prime card! But I got little bit greedy I guess because I called up the approval number and spoke to a CS woman and asked for a increase to match my Capital One. I was asked questions and was told to hold and she came back saying she needed to forward to a someone higher up to review and I would get something in 7-10 days.

So my question is did I make a mistake and should of left it alone? I've checked the account and there has been no increase as of yet. Should I call back and see if they reviewed? Any advice on next step appreciated...
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI on approval...

First of all - congrats on the approval. As far as the CLI, what's done is done. You should know that the recon for the CLI will probably cost you an additional HP. There is nothing else for you to do other than garden. If you continue to recon for a CLI, it will cost you more HPs. Garden at least 6 months and try again.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 25
enharu
Super Contributor

@Infamouscxr wrote:
First off i would like to thank you all on this board... I've been a lurker for a while and have learned so much. So thank you, thank you, thank you... Bear with me on this post as I'm going to give past history from the past two years...

So Saturday I decided to pull the trigger and apply for the Freedom card. After being denied two years ago (10/2011) from lack of credit and a thin file. After reading the forums for months I applied for a Capital One platinum (6/2012) and could only get approved for the 49/200 secured. I took the plunge knowing the card wouldn't grow but I needed to start some where. After six months of using and pif I received the $100 unsecured increase. I decided (2/2013) to re-apply for the unsecured platinum from Capital One after using the chat now feature and received the classic platinum with a 500 limit. I was enrolled in the credit steps program for a 250 cli on fifth payment... To my suprise after fifth payment they increased it not $250 but instead $3000! <~~~ the zeroes are correct. A month after increase I emailed EO for a PC and was told I was already approved for the Quicksilver and was granted the PC. After this I waited another month and decided to app for the Freedom once again on Saturday and was approved for $1200. I thought wow that's awesome a prime card! But I got little bit greedy I guess because I called up the approval number and spoke to a CS woman and asked for a increase to match my Capital One. I was asked questions and was told to hold and she came back saying she needed to forward to a someone higher up to review and I would get something in 7-10 days.

So my question is did I make a mistake and should of left it alone? I've checked the account and there has been no increase as of yet. Should I call back and see if they reviewed? Any advice on next step appreciated...

Well what's done is done. They most liekly did a new HP for your CLI request and it's pending.

You can call the backdoor number just to see if they can expedite your request. Might as well milk whatever the new inquiry is worth.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Definitely a hp with Chase for CLI . Although it's just one inquiry unless your credit has changed or there is some compelling reason to overturn their initial CL-it's probably best to save the inq for 6 mos.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Message 4 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Definitely a hp with Chase for CLI . Although it's just one inquiry unless your credit has changed or there is some compelling reason to overturn their initial CL-it's probably best to save the inq for 6 mos.

Good luck and keep us posted.

+1

And concur with enharu's and parkleet's comments.

Message 5 of 25
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

First of all, welcome to the forums! You've been doing a good job of builidng your credit, so congratulations on the Cap1 upgrade and the Freedom approval. Smiley Happy

As for the CLI, it probably will entail a HP. But, what's done is done. If you get it, that's great! If not, just enjoy your new cards, take good care of them and use them well, and watch your credit continue to grow. Good luck!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 25
J14K
Valued Member

@Infamouscxr wrote:

I know what you mean.

I recently was approved for the Freedom and it let me know that upon activation, I could talk about my credit limit.

After calling to activate, and speaking to the CSR, it was noted that any higher limit than my inital one would require an inquiry.

I was always under the assumption that if the CL could be discussed, it wouldn't need another inquiry. So, I sort of understand where you came from.

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 708 EX, 660 EQ, 692 TU
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

- -Gardening since 6/21/13 - -
Message 7 of 25
Infamouscxr
Established Member

Thanks everyone. I applied online so the approval was through there website. That was the reason I called for the increase thinking a human might give me a bump over what the computer did and also since I've been with Chase with my banking for three years. She did tell me that it would require another hard pull and I agreed since I only have one on my reports and I'm not looking to apply for anything else in the near future. I'm sure I will be denied but that's okay at least I finally got my foot in the door finally, and it could of been for $500 but they gave me $1200.
Message 8 of 25
Infamouscxr
Established Member

Just the backdoor number? Or one of the analyst numbers? I have found many different numbers and routes to take...
Message 9 of 25
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

You never know. If you do call just say you were going to purchase plane tickets or something and you were hoping for a larger line so it didn't look like you maxed it or something. Smiley Wink GL!
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.