Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI?

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI?

Am i jumping the gun at my luck at a credit increase on my Chase Freedom? Smiley Indifferent

I've had the card since December 2014

I called a regular number as it's late at night here...... the rep submitted my request and said its in pending for a credit analyst....... so i guess it wasn't outright denied which is nice...... I asked to go from $4,500 to $8,000 and had the rep place a note about a counter offer or whatever so i guess we'll see....... i may call up an analyst in the morning.

I know when i apped and got approved for a lower limit then that i thought i heard i was approved for i called up next day for an analyst and got an increase a good bit higher just before the card arrived in the mail.

But what do you think? Did i jump the gun? I haven't seen much recently about getting credit limit increases with chase other than what offers for an increase they send out when they feel like it to select few and rare auto increases...... why no recent threads about straight up asking them for an increase? Smiley Indifferent

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI?

Well, there's probably no problem asking for the CLI, but all the comments I have seen indicate that Chase does a HP for all their cards on CLI. Most folks looking for CLI are trying to find the SP variety.

It sounds like you've got your request in, so good luck on the increase, hopefully they get you a nice CLI.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

the reason there aren't threads on people asking is because they rarely grant them and when they do they're stingy.
Message 3 of 22
linux007969
Established Contributor

**** Update ****

So i was prepared to call in to an analyst this moring but I just logged in to my Chase account and saw I waa granted the full amount of $8,000!!!! Smiley Very Happy

So please move this to approved section!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Chase is awesome!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i'll be darned... good job
Message 5 of 22
linux007969
Established Contributor

Here's proof!

Chase CLI 2015.jpg

Message 6 of 22
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

Here's proof!

Congrats!! That's awesome! I got mine in March and am crossing my fingers that they auto-CLI me. I hear Chase is stingy but I've been using this card almost exclusively for almost everything. I hope they'll move me from 6K to 8K but I'm definitely not going to request it for that HP. I don't like inquiries and will avoid them at all costs.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 7 of 22
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Super congrats on that awesome CLI!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

this will be a hot thread for the next few weeks i betcha
Message 9 of 22
baller4life
Super Contributor

Man that's amazing. I'm I reading this right? LOL
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.