Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Denied

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh boy, my credit situation is almost exactly the same as yours, and I was planning on applying for the Freedom due to the 200$ bonus. This is not very encouraging Smiley Sad

- Feb-Mar 2014 got a Discover It

- Oct 2014 got a Capital One QS (still not reporting)

- A couple of inquires here and there

- Score from the Discover website: 732

Now I'm not sure whether I should pull the trigger or not anymore

Hahaha I find it funny how similar our credit histories are!  Just a give you a bit more information about me: I only work part-time making about $16k a year and I recently got my job having only been there for about two months.  Both of these things I was asked to confirm when I called recon so maybe you will have a better chance assuming your situation is better than mine.  Message me with the outcome if you do decide to go through with it and goodluck with whatever you do!

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all!

Long time lurker here!  I applied for the Chase Freedom card yesterday with a Fico score of 746 according to Discover and received the 7-10 day message, so naturally I called their reconsideration number and they told me I was denied for having too few accounts and for having insufficient credit history.  Now, I only have two credit cards with the oldest being the Discover It which is only ten months old and a Quicksilver from Capital One which I only got last month and was not showing up in their records.  I called the reconsideration number again and they told me the same thing.  Today I tried calling their credit analyst number and after confirming some information and being put on hold I was denied again.  So naturally I tried a fourth time and this time I really pled my case telling them that while my credit history was short it was flawless.  I told them I constantly kept my utilization low, paid my balance in full every month and lived well within my means.  After being put on hold I was told I was denied yet again!

What should I do at this point?  I have heard stories of people calling five and six times before getting approved, I've even heard stories of people writing letters to the executive office before being approved.  I am willing to do anything at this point as this card would complete my ideal wallet and the $200 cash back offer is perfect for holiday shopping.  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks for reading!

i will tell you this, i had a Secured credit card  for 9 months then i applied for CapOne and Discover, Both approved me then i closed the Secured card and applied for a Chase Freedom 3 times and was Declined 3 times even with Recon, Then i had this idea of opening at least a Savings account with Chase NOT because i wanted them but to get on their SWEET side, i deposited $300 into a Savings account with them, i deposited $300 because  that's the minimum you need to have NOT be charged a fee every month, Well, after that i applied for the FREEDOM again and was Approved then 2 WEEKS later i applied for the AMAZON VISA and was Approved too then 2 WEEKS later i applied for the AARP VISA and was Approved too then i CLOSED the Savings account with Chase, i do my normal Banking with BOA Smiley Wink, Obviously my plan WORKED with Chase Smiley Happy , Bottom line is that sometimes it pays to have an Account with the bank you want Credit with and By the way, i have NEVER had my FICO Score as high as yours Smiley Wink

I bank exclusively with Chase and I have a checking and savings account with them! Smiley Sad Hahaha

Thanks for the suggestion though and congratulations on your approvals even if they were a while ago. Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol. Wow. That's unbelievable. They are feeding you some crap. My length of credit history is not much longer than yours, I had no prior banking relationship with Chase, and your FICO scores are much higher than mine, and I was approved with a great limit. You need to contact the EO and highlight your long, loyal banking relationship with Chase (and if Chase isn't willing to work with you than you should find a bank that will.)

Message 13 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol. Wow. That's unbelievable. They are feeding you some crap. My length of credit history is not much longer than yours, I had no prior banking relationship with Chase, and your FICO scores are much higher than mine, and I was approved with a great limit. You need to contact the EO and highlight your long, loyal banking relationship with Chase (and if Chase isn't willing to work with you than you should find a bank that will.)

The EO route will likely end with the same outcome.  They are not empowered to make a decision other than re-forward the request to the same group that just reviewed his 4th reconsideration.  So, while someone can reconsider until they are blue in the face, it's not going to result in an approval for everyone.  Your profile is different than the OPs and score is one of several factors that are considered.  Besides, if the OP can't get approved this time around, what's the loss?  Bottom line, it's not like this specific product is sailing to the next port.  It will still be available if the OP decides to reapply in the future and the profile is much stronger for an approval.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The EO route will likely end with the same outcome.  They are not empowered to make a decision other than re-forward the request to the same group that just reviewed his 4th reconsideration.  So, while someone can reconsider until they are blue in the face, it's not going to result in an approval for everyone.  Your profile is different than the OPs and score is one of several factors that are considered.  Besides, if the OP can't get approved this time around, what's the loss?  Bottom line, it's not like this specific product is sailing to the next port.  It will still be available if the OP decides to reapply in the future and the profile is much stronger for an approval.

And yet there are people who recon until they are "blue in the face" upwards of 4 times (Nixon, anyone?) and have sometimes achieved success by eventually reaching out to the EO. We see this happen every day on the credit approvals forum ("EO Recon success for credit card X!"). These are virtually always people who have unsuccessfully tried the reconsideration line first if for no other reason than that a decision made by a recon line is quicker (often immediate) than reaching to out to the EO. I would never recommend the EO route to just anyone. But the way I see it, the OP appears to be an extremely qualified candidate for a multitude of reasons who in fact is losing out on something by not getting approved this time around. First of all, he already has taken the hard pull and would have to incur another if he wants to apply in the future. Second of all, Chase has promotionally raised the sign up bonus to $200 instead of the normal $100, so he might lose out on that extra hundred bucks by waiting (which, by the way, the OP mentioned as being important to him for holiday shopping.) Third of all, on the note of holiday shopping, the 5% cashback that Chase Freedom is offering this quarter at department stores as well as Amazon will probably also help him a lot with his holiday shopping aims. So at least from what the OP included in his first post, I would say that there is, in fact, something lost by hesitating. 

To the OP, contact the EO. There is absolutely no guarantee of success, but you have nothing to lose.... and you miss 100% of the shots you don't take... and if at first you don't succeed, try, try again and {insert other true motivational mantra here}.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To the OP, contact the EO. There is absolutely no guarantee of success, but you have nothing to lose.... and you miss 100% of the shots you don't take... and if at first you don't succeed, try, try again and {insert other true motivational mantra here}.

Thank you for the encouragement! The worst they can say is no right?  Would you happen to know the best way to contact their EO??  I haven't been able to find the address and I feel like I would best be able to plead my case through writing.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And yet there are people who recon until they are "blue in the face" upwards of 4 times (Nixon, anyone?) and have sometimes achieved success by eventually reaching out to the EO. We see this happen every day on the credit approvals forum ("EO Recon success for credit card X!"). These are virtually always people who have unsuccessfully tried the reconsideration line first if for no other reason than that a decision made by a recon line is quicker (often immediate) than reaching to out to the EO. I would never recommend the EO route to just anyone. But the way I see it, the OP appears to be an extremely qualified candidate for a multitude of reasons who in fact is losing out on something by not getting approved this time around. First of all, he already has taken the hard pull and would have to incur another if he wants to apply in the future. Second of all, Chase has promotionally raised the sign up bonus to $200 instead of the normal $100, so he might lose out on that extra hundred bucks by waiting (which, by the way, the OP mentioned as being important to him for holiday shopping.) Third of all, on the note of holiday shopping, the 5% cashback that Chase Freedom is offering this quarter at department stores as well as Amazon will probably also help him a lot with his holiday shopping aims. So at least from what the OP included in his first post, I would say that there is, in fact, something lost by hesitating. 

And i'd do it again!

Message 18 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And i'd do it again!

You did good and make me proud! Smiley Tongue...  

The problem is with CHASE when I had to have them remove the hard pull from my EX report if you ever read that story cause the recon was only supppose to use TU, but they pulled EX and I Iost it on them, so got the EO involved and got them to remove the EX HP, but they DO stand by the UW decisions.. I spoke with the lady many times on the phone and she resubmitted it and the answer was still a NO from UW and they couldn't do a thing about getting it approved via the EO other then my concern on getting the unauthorized EX pull removed.  Fast forward a month and got a nice limit on the freedom, so figure..  anyways, wish you luck whatever you choose to do, if you have the time it isn't pointless, but most likely won't yeild results through the EO, but the regular recon route might be the best way as it will go there anyways

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.