cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom- Denied (Update: Approved)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom- Denied

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll be changing the Venture to the Quicksilver and calling recon at Chase again tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: When checking for pre-qualified offers on Chase website, Freedom, FU, and Slate now appear. They weren't there when I originally applied last week. Should I go for it?

Message 12 of 17
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: When checking for pre-qualified offers on Chase website, Freedom, FU, and Slate now appear. They weren't there when I originally applied last week. Should I go for it?

The time frame they're looking for is 6 months of usage. I wouldn't waste another HP before your CSR is 6 statements old since they will most likely deny you with the same reason as before (limited history). 

I'm a little surprised that Chase started you off with a CSR. The prior auto loan must have done wonders for the internal scoring they use for risk. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soooo I couldn't resist and I went for it. I am now the proud owner of a CSR, CF, and CFU. I couldn't be happier!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your trifecta!
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Also, not sure if this was mentioned, but 0% utilization can hurt your scores 10-15 points.  Make sure to let a $5 balance post at statement cut on a non-Chase card and pay it off after statement cuts to avoid interest.  That $5 reporting on a non-Chase card will raise your FICO scores.

Chase doesn't work for this "AZEO Method" (see my 11 rules link about it) because if you pay Chase to $0 after statement cut, they will re-update reports to show a $0 balance and you'll be back to 0% utilization.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting a Chase hat trick!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.