Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval Odds With Limited Credit and One AU

tag
ChefCurry
Established Member

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval Odds With Limited Credit and One AU

I just started rebuilding my credit after being out of the country for the last five years. Previously I had only 2 low limit cards (300 each) that were closed 7 years ago. Since I got back in the country, I've opened Cap1 QS1 (400 CL 4 months), Total MC (300 LC 2 Months), Walmart Store (200 CL 2 months), Amazon Prime Store (200 CL 2 months). I have a family member that is willing to put me as an AU on a two year old account around 2000 CL. I haven't done this yet though.

No baddies, less than 5% UTL (with or without AU).

Inquiries: EX - 6; TU - 1; EQ - 2

What do you guys think my approval odds are for the CFU (after the AU)? From what I've been reading, it looks like it's best to apply for the CFU after 8 months to a year of credit history. Will the AU help with this?

Scores without AU 

TU - 754 (Walmart Fico 8)

EX - 705 (Experian.com Fico 8)

EQ - 744 (Discover denial letter)

As a follow up question, I was just wondering, in general when applying for cards, will the AU help in terms of imporoving my AAoA in the eyes of the creditor (since they will be able to see that it is an AU)?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval Odds With Limited Credit and One AU

wrote:

I just started rebuilding my credit after being out of the country for the last five years. Previously I had only 2 low limit cards (300 each) that were closed 7 years ago. Since I got back in the country, I've opened Cap1 QS1 (400 CL 4 months), Total MC (300 LC 2 Months), Walmart Store (200 CL 2 months), Amazon Prime Store (200 CL 2 months). I have a family member that is willing to put me as an AU on a two year old account around 2000 CL. I haven't done this yet though.

No baddies, less than 5% UTL (with or without AU).

Inquiries: EX - 6; TU - 1; EQ - 2

What do you guys think my approval odds are for the CFU (after the AU)? From what I've been reading, it looks like it's best to apply for the CFU after 8 months to a year of credit history. Will the AU help with this?

Scores without AU 

TU - 754 (Walmart Fico 8)

EX - 705 (Experian.com Fico 8)

EQ - 744 (Discover denial letter)

As a follow up question, I was just wondering, in general when applying for cards, will the AU help in terms of imporoving my AAoA in the eyes of the creditor (since they will be able to see that it is an AU)?

Some AU accounts report the date you're added to the account, and some report with the original account opening date- it depends on the lender.

I would just wait it out at least two more months so you have six months of history reporting, and you don't run the risk of being put at 5/24 because of the AU account. Chase can see that it's an AU account, but doesn't seem to care whether its yours or someone else's when it comes to the 5/24 rule. A manual recon can sometimes put that issue to rest, but might also result in them saying that the AU account doesn't count towards your AAoA.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.