Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom deny wrong score showing?

tag
Hootrvil
Established Member

Chase Freedom deny wrong score showing?

Hi all--I have a question about a denial I got from Freedom Chase. My denial letter quoted an Equifaxscore of 619.  My fico 8 score is currently 665. Why the big difference and should I call and see if they will review? 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom deny wrong score showing?

The version of your FICO score they use is different from the version you can obtain. And it's surprising how different they can be. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello sorry that you got denied by Chase. Just want to let you know that Chase uses their own card risk scoring model. I recently got approved and when I received my card, my score was 40 points lower on their scoring model than on FICO 8. I was at 745 on fico 8 but came in at 706 on theirs.
Message 3 of 9
Hootrvil
Established Member

Wow that's good to know but disappointing, too.  Wasted that HP!

Message 4 of 9
meljeff1
Contributor

What was the reason for denial? You could call and request reconsideration of the app. That is what I did! My limit is low but if your ok with starting with a low limit you could probably get approved.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello sorry that you got denied by Chase. Just want to let you know that Chase uses their own card risk scoring model. I recently got approved and when I received my card, my score was 40 points lower on their scoring model than on FICO 8. I was at 745 on fico 8 but came in at 706 on theirs.

How do you find out what score they obtained? I recently got the FU and Freedom and none had documents what score they used. I called and they stated they do not provide those scores -___-

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you find out what score they obtained? I recently got the FU and Freedom and none had documents what score they used. I called and they stated they do not provide those scores -___-

The score should be on the back of the sheet where the card was attached.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just learned of Chase's scoring model yesterday. In Jan, they scored me at 701. I've never hit 700. I was more around 640 and lower. They pulled ex and eq. Last week I got the chase FU, they gave me a 683.That actually is very close to my real scores. Ex is now 676 and eq is 682. I'm thinking the next time I app, I wait for the preapproval site to give me the best rate and offer. I actually got a higher interest rate this time, even tho my actual scores where higher than last time, but lower this time on their model.
Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good data for someone like myself that didn't realize Chase used their own scoring model.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.