Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG 80k 30 days to 2 Weeks?

tag
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Chase IHG 80k 30 days to 2 Weeks?

Hi everyone,

So I really really want to call recon now for this card. I applied for the card on 7/31 and was given the email of 30 days. Then when I called the automated system it's 2 weeks. So is a 30 days or 2 weeks? Am I approved or denied? Some data points they pulled EX and my score is 742 and I have quite of inquiries on EX 13 in the last 2 years. Everything else is good. 4% utilization.

I would really like this card for the 80k offer (hoping to get 100k matched SM), and the annual night free is a keeper. This is my first travel and first card that I'm willing to pay an annual fee for.

Thanks again for the replies.

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase IHG 80k 30 days to 2 Weeks?

From what I've read here on the forum, anything other than 7-10 days notice is a good sign. So don't call in--let it process. Those that let it ride through usually ended up with a bigger CL than expected.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Possibly verification needed. Call in and see if they need to verify information. 7 to 10 days is normally a denial. 13 inqs isn't a lot of INQs for two years. I had around 22 or 23 when I apped for the Amazon card a few months back.
You should be receiving a letter soon requesting you to call in for verification..if my hunch is correct.
You don't have to wait on it.
Message 3 of 5
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

2 weeks message is a very good sign. Sit tight. You should get a phone call or a letter soon with good news.
Message 4 of 5
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Is there a downside to call in right away as opposed to waiting?

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.