Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-Qualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Pre-Qualify

I posted several months ago explaining that I was an authorized user on a Discover Card that had a 90%+ utilization rate.  All the primary cardholder charges.  I have since applied for a Secured BOA card and was approved.  I removed myself as an authorized user and my FICO scores are:

1. Experian: 712

2. Transunion:  726

3. Equifax:  731

I pre-qualified for a Chase Freedom or Slate card with a solid quoted interest rate on their website.  There was no interest rate range.  This was also included at bottom of page:

"You can choose to stop receiving "prescreened" offers of credit from this and other companies by calling toll free 1-888-567-8688.
See PRESCREEN AND OPT-OUT NOTICE in the Pricing & Terms for more information about prescreen offers."

What are my chances of getting the Chase card?  I have 1 baddie 30 day late that is 5.5 years old and will drop off soon.  That's all I have on my credit report.  1 baddie and BOA Secured with $300 limit.  Current utilization is 5%.

Is there anything else I can do to boost my scores more?  Should the Chase be rejected, perhaps I should get another secured card?  What do you think?

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Mohawk

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Pre-Qualify

Chase's pre-quals are pretty solid, so I'd say your chances of getting the Freedom are pretty good, but then again you never know until you try. Have you checked to see if you pre-qualify for any Capital One cards? They seem a bit easier to get in with.

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your file looks good and have a strong chance.  Do the Freedom and report back with results.  You are golden.

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

JustMe3,

Thanks for the response.  I really don't get these credit card companies.  Pure madness.  For the past several months, Chase & Capital One said no pre-qualify as did everyone else.  However, Citi said yes.  I did not pull the trigger due to high utilization Discover was still on my credit report.  Now, just minutes before, I just pre-qualified for Cap One Quicksilver, Prestige Platinum & Venture Card with solid interest quote rates.  No range with pre-screen opt out notice.  However, I was just rejected by Citi minutes ago for pre-qualify.  Again, just pure madness.

I guess I have to decide who is most likely to approve me, Chase or Cap One?

What I really really really want is the Gold AMEX.  Just a prestige thing I guess.  Something about slapping down the Gold Card at dinner with clients.  Smiley Happy  I don't think I'm there yet nor do I want to start getting a ton of inquiries.  My credit is FINALLY good again.

Thanks again for your advice.

Cheers,

Mohawk

Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I have to decide who is most likely to approve me, Chase or Cap One?

You're welcome Smiley Happy And why not try for both? If you have pre-approved offers for both, I say go for both because you have a very good chance at getting them.

Message 5 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Hit Chase up first the Cap1 is my recommendation as the poster above me mentioned why not grow your profile by two cards.

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for Chase Freedom!!!!  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  I guess I should go for the double whammy and apply for Capital One?

Message 7 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved for Chase Freedom!!!!  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  I guess I should go for the double whammy and apply for Capital One?

Yes, you have an offer for Venture or Venture one?

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture.  One better than the other?  Perhaps I should test the waters with Barclays pre qualify website?

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Venture.  One better than the other?  Perhaps I should test the waters with Barclays pre qualify website?

Venture is the better card.  Barclays does not have a pre qualify page.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.