Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PreApproval Offer then 30 Day Message

tag
ryder32244
New Contributor

Chase PreApproval Offer then 30 Day Message

My wife logged in to her Chase Freedom Unlimited account and an offer for a Slate card popped up only asking for her income. There was also a note that said you could enter income of someone who helps pay bills if you are over 21. We put our combined income and got a 30 day message. The offer had an APR, not a range. I thought those were done deals. I noticed they pulled my Experian Report right away, I didnt know it would hard pull on what I thought was a preapproval. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase PreApproval Offer then 30 Day Message

They always pull for an application.

30 days on the phone status line usually ends in an approval. Good luck!
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds positive to me.
If the account doesn't show up sooner in your account, check app status line once a day if you like. Last 30 day message I got turned approval after about 4 days
Message 3 of 18
restdani
New Contributor

you can also call 1800-436-7927, press #, then 3, then 1, enter your info, and it'll tell you the status. i received the 30 day message when i apped on sunday 7/4, called the automated service line that told me I'd receive info in 2 weeks, got a call today from fraud dept asking some questions and was approved on the spot. stay tuned and keep us updated!
Message 4 of 18
ryder32244
New Contributor

Thanks! Im keeping my fingers crossed. A few data points for others this may help:

Currently, have the Chase Freedom Unlimted with 3 months of heavy usage. SL was 2000; we use it for EVERYTHING and make $200 - $400 payments every 2 weeks. Not the statement balance as we are on the 0% offer so dont look at me funny...

It reports a steady 1600 balance again didnt matter because we were in the "garden". The offer popped up tonight and we couldn't pass it up. Experian is what they checked and its reporting a 646 fico 8. 

Message 5 of 18
ryder32244
New Contributor

Called the Application Automated line and the 30 day message there as well. We'll call the verification line in the morning to see if thats it. I wont be able to sleep tonight. This is a big deal for us as we just starting to graduate from our subprime cards by getting an NFCU and a Chase card back in April. I cant wait to close Credit One, First Premier and Total Visa!

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One, First Premier, and Total!!! I'd say close at least two of those now. You have at least three cards with one of them, Chase, and Navy.

Status line only updates once a day. For me this was early afternoon. The account may show up online before status line updates though. It can be hard to be patient waiting to see
Message 7 of 18
ryder32244
New Contributor

I know, the only thing holding back is that the Credit One has a $1050 limit with no balance and they waived the fees for this year. FP is at $750 and they have also credited the fees for this year. Im going to close the Total Visa today, I missed the dats last week and ended up paying the yearly fee which they would not waive. Total has a yearly fee of 39.99 and a 8.25 monthly fee! Im closing that today as the limit is only 300. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you have a plan. You can let Credit One and FP ride for the history and utility while you look for better cards to replace them
Message 9 of 18
ryder32244
New Contributor

Seems like the best way to go. Im still learning thanks to this board, but holding on to the FP and Credit One at least until I get higher limits on my Chase and NFCU seems like the right approach. 

My original thought was to stop using the Chase card for daily purchases and just use "real money" so my balances and usage aren't high. That would allow me to close the sub prime cards, but since they waived the fees I dont see a downside outside of it looks ugly on my reports. 

Thanks for your help!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.