Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PreQulified 4 Offers

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Chase PreQulified 4 Offers

After reading this thread, I feel like the kid sitting at the childrens table at family get togethers

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the exception of the slate (unless you have a nasty balance you wanna transfer), the other 3 cards are pretty good. It all depends on what you're looking for. Like a previous poster said, if you travel some and dine out often you would really benefit from the CSP, it's an amazing card. If you will take advantage of the Freedom's 5% categories then its a great card, but more limited. And the CFU is a good all around card pretty straight forward 1.5% CB card. Just do the math, think about your spending, and do your thing.

btw, GTFO here with those scores man, geez, **bleep** overachiever! loooool

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys I just did a post on this and then boom I saw this post. I was asking for help for my mom. Becasue guess what today after never being prequaled before now she was prequal for the same 4 chase as OP, now my thing is that she has one secured one store card and scores are 630 experian 633 trans which they pull in my state and 645 equifax. I don't know if she should go for CSP. In my days I was only prequal for two and that was slate and freedom and I went for the freedom. Not trying to jack this thread but my mom is a similar boat as OP. What to do, dang.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a hard decision to make.  I only have 2 cards and I'm kind of frozen with indecision with which cards to get.  I really want the CSP, and there's some large purchases I want to make to cover the spend bonus, but I'd take half a year to pay them off comfortably and I don't want to pay the high interest.  I also don't want to get too many cards and be locked out of Chase until 10/18.  Dang 5/24 rule.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a hard decision to make.  I only have 2 cards and I'm kind of frozen with indecision with which cards to get.  I really want the CSP, and there's some large purchases I want to make to cover the spend bonus, but I'd take half a year to pay them off comfortably and I don't want to pay the high interest.  I also don't want to get too many cards and be locked out of Chase until 10/18.  Dang 5/24 rule.

Per my Discover scorecard, I'm at 7/24 and was approved for the CSP 07/15/17. Granted I was not instantly approved. I was given the 30 day message but was approved 3 days later. *Disclaimer, I was pre-approved months ago but decided to apply because I will be moving out of state soon to attend college and will be traveling more frequently. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, it is good to note that Chase cards don't grow by SP CLI, all limit requests are hard pulls. However, Chase has been giving out what seems to be 1 or so auto CLIs throughout the life of the card, typically in the first few months of having it. But some people never receive these and are stuck at their SL forever, unless they want a HP.

So, in truth, these cards don't really grow. If you want a chance at a higher SL, I would go for CSR (if you can justify the AF). Chase no longer gives out pre qualified offers for these cards to anyone online, but you have a very good chance at approval anyways. It has a $10k min SL. However, with your strong profile, I can't imagine you starting anywhere near there Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

Whats the best one outta the 4 and better sl and to grow in cli.thx

Chase Freedom Unlimited

Chase Freedom

Chase Slate®

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Forgot EXP FICO8  844

Avoid the Slate. Period. It's a useless card outside of BT's. 

If these are offers on your Chase account, they're solid. If it's just pre approvals, start with the Freedom, unless your credit profile is strong, then you can go for the CSP. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.