Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 30 Day??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred 30 Day??

So I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and got the "30 day wait" message.

Has this ever happened to anyone? And what are my chances of approval?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred 30 Day??

Sounds like it is going to manual review.  Chase often doesn't like to be the first to give a customer a larger starting line and the CSP requires a minimum $5,000 starting line.  Given your other limits, an approval doesn't seem likely but it's not unheard of.  What are your current FICO 08 scores?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied almost 3 months ago and got the 30 day message. I immediately called lending, they put me through to security, they asked me some public record questions, put on hold for 3 minutes and then was immediately approved for $18,900.00. 6 minute call.

Just call them and get it over with.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I concur with everyone else. Minimum limit for CSP is 5k. I got the 30 day message and called them. Answered a bunch of security questions and was approved for 12k. I'd just call them and get it over with. 

Message 5 of 8
RadioRob
Established Contributor

I received the 30 day message until 8 days after my application. I just literally got my card in the mail today.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be an old topic but wanted to share my experience. I just applied for CSP today. EXP FICO 740 and I was nervous after getting the 30 day message! I called recon right away (888-270-2127) and was immediately transfered to security verification team. Not sure if this is standard for CSP. The two main things they wanted to verify was my identity and to confirm if I really did add an authorized user on my credit app, which I did. After I confirmed, I waited about 30 sec for an approval and was given a SCL of $13.6k. I also requested rush shipping on the card which they happily obliged.

I plan to transfer my $1k CL from Chase Freedom to CSP and close the card. I've had that card over 2 years and only resulted in a $500 CLI with a HP. Good riddance!

Message 7 of 8
sid33
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This might be an old topic but wanted to share my experience. I just applied for CSP today. EXP FICO 740 and I was nervous after getting the 30 day message! I called recon right away (888-270-2127) and was immediately transfered to security verification team. Not sure if this is standard for CSP. The two main things they wanted to verify was my identity and to confirm if I really did add an authorized user on my credit app, which I did. After I confirmed, I waited about 30 sec for an approval and was given a SCL of $13.6k. I also requested rush shipping on the card which they happily obliged.

I plan to transfer my $1k CL from Chase Freedom to CSP and close the card. I've had that card over 2 years and only resulted in a $500 CLI with a HP. Good riddance!

One thing you may want to consider is will closing that 2year old account will affect your AAoA.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.