Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 7-10 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred 7-10 days

Appl'd for CSP last week, automated female bot says will we give answer in 7-10 days. i know that most likely its denial, but anywys.

Lenghts of my credit history is 7 month. Have 4 credit cards open in 7 month and car lease:

Capital One QS  - 3300

Discover It 1000

Chase slate 500

credit one 1000

Toyota lease 7100

CS is 729 on experian.

always paid on time, Utilization rate 6 %. I have 12 hard pulls. Plus I am depositing 10000+ everymonth on my chase saving account. Annual income 95000, no rent no morgage. Have not done taxes yet, since i'm new in states.

How do you think guys, Do i have a chance to get approved for card or no? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred 7-10 days

@Anonymous wrote:

Appl'd for CSP last week, automated female bot says will we give answer in 7-10 days. i know that most likely its denial, but anywys.

Lenghts of my credit history is 7 month. Have 4 credit cards open in 7 month and car lease:

Capital One QS  - 3300

Discover It 1000

Chase slate 500

credit one 1000

Toyota lease 7100

CS is 729 on experian.

always paid on time, Utilization rate 6 %. I have 12 hard pulls. Plus I am depositing 10000+ everymonth on my chase saving account. Annual income 95000, no rent no morgage. Have not done taxes yet, since i'm new in states.

How do you think guys, Do i have a chance to get approved for card or no? 

Thanks.

CSP has a minimum $5000 credit limit and Chase likes to see a year of usage at higher limits.  Some folks get approved without a high limit or a year of credit but they're rare data points.

If declined, just recon + HUCA repeatedly.  Some folks HUCA 4 times before finding an underwriting who overrides the decline.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barriers to the approval are age of oldest accounts and likely limits with other cards. They’ll likely mention too many inquires as well. You could still be approved as it could also be verification.

I concur with @ABCD2199. Recon and if declined, hang up, call again. Your income and current business with Chase should give them enough pause to listen to you. Inquires are bound to happen when you’re attempting to build credit history. But they may also mention 4 accounts in less than 12 months. If it comes down to reconsideration, have an explanation for that.

Good luck!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I amn sorry, what means HUCA????

Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I amn sorry, what means HUCA????

Acronym for Hang Up, Call Again.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if recon HUCA fails you, make sure to check your Chase login "Your Offers" page every month and see if you ever get a Sapphire green checkmark offer -- those are VERY solid and may appear randomly when Chase decides you'd be a good match.

If you really want the card and don't get approved and don't see any offers, keep in mind that you're at 4 new accounts within the last 24 months.  This is the MOST cards you can have before cold apping for many Chase cards so you don't want to add any more new cards if you decide to app for Sapphire again in the next year or so.  Green checkmarks ignore the "4/24" rule though.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will keep you updated guys! My brother has 50k limit on CSR and and has been Chase private client for over 7

@Anonymous wrote:

Even if recon HUCA fails you, make sure to check your Chase login "Your Offers" page every month and see if you ever get a Sapphire green checkmark offer -- those are VERY solid and may appear randomly when Chase decides you'd be a good match.

If you really want the card and don't get approved and don't see any offers, keep in mind that you're at 4 new accounts within the last 24 months.  This is the MOST cards you can have before cold apping for many Chase cards so you don't want to add any more new cards if you decide to app for Sapphire again in the next year or so.  Green checkmarks ignore the "4/24" rule though.

years with high amount on checking account, and i was AU for 2 years. so i hope that might help too.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you still an AU? That could possibly put you at 5/24 depending on the exact dates.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was at jan 2015, so it was three years ago...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.