Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved!

tag
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved!

I stepped out of the garden momentarily for my last and final card for a very long time (scout's honor). Smiley TongueI decided to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card as I am going to Europe soon and really wanted to take advantage of the 0% foreign transaction fee. I was instantly approved with a $5000 limit. I recently opened 6 new accounts in the past couple months so this really is it! 

one questions:

1. For those of you who have either the Chase Sapphire card or the Chase Freedom card do you have a checking/savings account with Chase? If so, do you feel that it is beneficial? I am thinking about transferring my accounts to Chase since I mostly use my Chase cards as my daily cards. 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred Approved!

congrats! i really wanna apply for this card ughh

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 26
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

@jsickz32 wrote:

congrats! i really wanna apply for this card ughh

I totally understand. I've wanted this card for quite some time. I wish the credit limit was higher, but I am so happy to have it!

Message 3 of 26
kobe2012
Established Contributor

congratz!!!!....

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 4 of 26
distantarray
Established Contributor

@SarcasticComputer wrote:

I stepped out of the garden momentarily for my last and final card for a very long time (scout's honor). Smiley TongueI decided to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card as I am going to Europe soon and really wanted to take advantage of the 0% foreign transaction fee. I was instantly approved with a $5000 limit. I recently opened 6 new accounts in the past couple months so this really is it! 

one questions:

1. For those of you who have either the Chase Sapphire card or the Chase Freedom card do you have a checking/savings account with Chase? If so, do you feel that it is beneficial? I am thinking about transferring my accounts to Chase since I mostly use my Chase cards as my daily cards. 

Freedom card + Chase Checking = 10 bonus points per every swipe. Doesn't help out greatly but it's probably extra $30-40 a year free money. (at about 1 use a day, more if you use it more)

Remember if you get the checking even if your at Freedom 1% catagory for the month use it for EVERYTHING under $19 even restaurants and travel over your Sapphire card. Because a $1 charge will still get you 11 points. $5 will get you 15 points. $8 will get you 18 points.

Also Transfering points from Freedom 5% bonus catagories into Sapphire will get you 20% more bonus on travel = actual 6 points for travel. Which is nice. 

Also don't forget about the 7% annual bonus with Sapphire points.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 26
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

@distantarray wrote:

one questions:

Freedom card + Chase Checking = 10 bonus points per every swipe. Doesn't help out greatly but it's probably extra $30-40 a year free money. (at about 1 use a day, more if you use it more)

Remember if you get the checking even if your at Freedom 1% category for the month use it for EVERYTHING under $19 even restaurants and travel over your Sapphire card. Because a $1 charge will still get you 11 points. $5 will get you 15 points. $8 will get you 18 points.

Also Transfering points from Freedom 5% bonus catagories into Sapphire will get you 20% more bonus on travel = actual 6 points for travel. Which is nice. 

Wow! Thanks for the terrific info! I assume that you have a Chase checking/savings? If so, have you been satisfied? 

Message 6 of 26
distantarray
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

one questions:

Remember if you get the checking even if your at Freedom 1% category for the month use it for EVERYTHING under $19 even restaurants and travel over your Sapphire card. Because a $1 charge will still get you 11 points. $5 will get you 15 points. $8 will get you 18 points.

Wow! Thanks for the terrific info! I assume that you have a Chase checking/savings? If so, have you been satisfied? 

lol yea I have it all, only thing I don't like is I'm so used to the Bank of America online billpay it's taking time for me to adjust, but it's perfectly fine, I had BOA for 13 years.

I'm firing BOA soon enough. I have 6 bank accounts right now, and Chase is my main.

before anyone asks why....

1. Chase because they're the most forgiving bank, incase I screw up they're usually decent with goodwill removals of bad things even charge offs. Before even finding out about the Chase Trifecta (nickname for Checking + Freedom + Sapphire)

2. Bank of America got it cause the biggest ATM network in the country years ago (don't care anymore, firing them on monday)

3. Achieva Credit Union. Good local union and they were great in giving me my first secured credit card when my credit was awful. (hate to say but I plan on firing them on Monday as well, terrible mortgage rep ruined it for me, and they don't offer rapid rescore, and locations are inconvient, and I have no use for secured cards anymore. and I have too many accounts lol)

4. Digital Credit Union - FREE FICO MONTHLY SCORES EQ04 (same as myfico.com EQ scores) Enough said $240 savings a year =x

5. USAA - Military banking gives best car insurance rates, car buying discounts (as much as 16% discount on MSRP...) good credit monitoring program refreshable every day.  Free ATM usage to ANY ATM in America. ($20 a month in fees are reimbursed monthly) no more need to run around looking for a free ATM. just to save a couple bucks (it's the Asian in me) Also 100% free checks.

6. Navy Federal - MOST GENEROUS credit lines imaginable. My largest credit limit was a secured card at $1,500 (Achieva) then they gave me a $17,000 rewards card with a Prime Plus rate of 7.24% . They also have an Amazing program that reports to your credit called NavCheck. It's a overdraft line of protection for your checking. For instance if I write a check for $10,000 and I only have $100 in my checking account the check will CLEAR, of course there's interest involved but still cheaper than most credit cards. Best part is NavCheck lines are generous as their credit cards so you can have over $30,000 of useable credits reported to your credit bureaus. (NavCheck reports as a credit card). Navy also gives huge discounts on Geico car insurance and also has car buying programs.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 26
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Now back to the garden. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 26
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 26
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

What is everyone's thoughts about reconning a larger credit limit? I was given a 5K limit. Do I have a chance?
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.