Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Declined, even after calling number

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred - Declined, even after calling number

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

I cold app'd (no pre-qual offers) for Amazon. In 4 months i had pre-qual for freedom and slate, in 6 months CSP showed up (as myfico'ers said it might) and i jumped on that instead of freedom or slate. Amazon was my first card (anything for that matter) with Chase.

4-22-14 Amazon $500 - 666 TU

6-22-14 Amazon auto CLI to $1000

10-10-14 CSP $5000 - 706 TU

i put 32k for income on both (i work 6 months per year)

so the previous posters sound right... Chase seems to like 6 months history with their product before a siggy (with my junk scores anyway)

Funny you should say this. 

I got approved for a CSP with a $5,000 CL the same day I got a SWA with a $2,000. No prior history with Chase CC's other than an AU.

Oh Nixon.......LOL  Smiley Wink  I would think that an AU relationship is a little better than somebody with no relationship whatsoever and just cold apping....

Oh Finstar.....HowdySmiley Happy..  Hey there and thanks for the *kudos!!  I didn't mean to sound so redundant as I re-read what I had typed, but thanks for acknowledging me and/or reaffirming what I had said!!   For I believe that you are VERy knowledgable with these threads and any affirmation from you is "top notch"Smiley Tongue

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 41 of 68
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I would have suggested to apply for the Freedom once you have an AAoA of 1 year or the newest account at least 6 months old. Then only on the 2nd attempt go for the CSP as Freedom is very useful in combination with the CSP anyhow.  Not sure how old your newest card is but I would think it is pretty new?  Don't give up try again and maybe consider Freedom first?

Message 42 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

I cold app'd (no pre-qual offers) for Amazon. In 4 months i had pre-qual for freedom and slate, in 6 months CSP showed up (as myfico'ers said it might) and i jumped on that instead of freedom or slate. Amazon was my first card (anything for that matter) with Chase.

so the previous posters sound right... Chase seems to like 6 months history with their product before a siggy (with my junk scores anyway)

I got approved for a CSP with a $5,000 CL the same day I got a SWA with a $2,000. No prior history with Chase CC's other than an AU.

Oh Nixon.......LOL  Smiley Wink  I would think that an AU relationship is a little better than somebody with no relationship whatsoever and just cold apping....

Oh Finstar.....HowdySmiley Happy..  Hey there and thanks for the *kudos!!  I didn't mean to sound so redundant as I re-read what I had typed, but thanks for acknowledging me and/or reaffirming what I had said!!   For I believe that you are VERy knowledgable with these threads and any affirmation from you is "top notch"Smiley Tongue

I'm not so sure.. Banks typically discount AU "relationships", from my experience. On my last AMEX denial and failed recon, they stated that even though I was an AU on several high limit cards and even had an AMEX on my own, that my current profile did not qualify me for a new AMEX card..

So I guess instead of CLD or AA me, AMEX just decided to freeze me out on new cards until my profile was acceptable again.

Where was I going with this again? Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 68
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

I'm not so sure.. Banks typically discount AU "relationships", from my experience. On my last AMEX denial and failed recon, they stated that even though I was an AU on several high limit cards and even had an AMEX on my own, that my current profile did not qualify me for a new AMEX card..

So I guess instead of CLD or AA me, AMEX just decided to freeze me out on new cards until my profile was acceptable again.

Where was I going with this again? Smiley Happy

I don't know, but you have a wonderful assortment and a plethora of cards 

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 44 of 68
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

A'm I the only one that understands what "NO" means the first time around?Smiley Surprised

I guess it goes back to my growing up years. When my dad said "no" I knew he meant "NO". No point repeating it only to get the same response. 

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 45 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OnTheRebound wrote:

A'm I the only one that understands what "NO" means the first time around?Smiley Surprised

I guess it goes back to my growing up years. When my dad said "no" I knew he meant "NO". No point repeating it only to get the same response. 

That was childhood. This is credit.

"No" is for the birds.

Message 46 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Sometimes, sometimes not. I was initially rejected for the Sallie Mae MasterCard but was approved upon recon. And I am far from the only person on this website who has achieved success with reconing. Sometimes all you have to do is ask.

Message 47 of 68
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Sometimes, sometimes not. I was initially rejected for the Sallie Mae MasterCard but was approved upon recon. And I am far from the only person on this website who has achieved success with reconing. Sometimes all you have to do is ask.

Nothing wrong with requesting a reconsideration once after being denied. If the answer is still no then move on. But that's just me. To each his own. 

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 48 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to agree to disagree here.

They take their pound of flesh and expect you to buzz off after one or maybe two swats? No deal.
Message 49 of 68
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First Post here! Love this forum, lots of useful information. Please let me know if there is any info I should be including in my sig.. 

I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred and got declined by the automated system as well as the backdoor number. My two cards are in my sig and my oldest credit card is 2.4 years old. I wasn't really expecting it since my total CL is 18K+. I will probably wait a year to try again as I don't want a large number of pulls.. 

edit: oh my experian is 762 which is what Chased used, they said that was more than enough. I should also note I use my CC for everything and do an auto transfter of 300 dollars to both every month irregardless of the minumum payment due (which is always $0) 

My question is, should I call again and state some more facts? All I told the lady was my CL (which they already know) and how many cards I have. I haven't said any of the above info like my payment history. Can I get them to reconsider with my limited history or is it a lost cause?

Well anyways, again, awesome forum! happy to have finally signed up! 

@Anonymous wrote:

First Post here! Love this forum, lots of useful information. Please let me know if there is any info I should be including in my sig.. 

I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred and got declined by the automated system as well as the backdoor number. My two cards are in my sig and my oldest credit card is 2.4 years old. I wasn't really expecting it since my total CL is 18K+. I will probably wait a year to try again as I don't want a large number of pulls.. 

edit: oh my experian is 762 which is what Chased used, they said that was more than enough. I should also note I use my CC for everything and do an auto transfter of 300 dollars to both every month irregardless of the minumum payment due (which is always $0) 

My question is, should I call again and state some more facts? All I told the lady was my CL (which they already know) and how many cards I have. I haven't said any of the above info like my payment history. Can I get them to reconsider with my limited history or is it a lost cause?

Well anyways, again, awesome forum! happy to have finally signed up! 

ha1o2surfer, I know you are new here so I would like to ask you a few questions to figure out what this repeated denial is about.
1. Do you have anything negative on your credit reports? This includes old collections paid or unpaid, tax leins, etc
2. What is your utilization? This percentage is found by dividing how much you owe by how much cedit is available to you. You mentioned that you put everything on your cards but only pay 300 per month on a recurring basis. This is a great plan if your spending is under 600 dollars per month but if you are over-spending this could be hurting you in the end. For Maximum scoring optimization a credit report should only show on cc with a balance being carried. Overall utilization should also be less than 15%. That is the recipe for guaranteed approval. 
It should also be noted that the reasons given for denial are not always accurate. I was approved for the Sapphire with a much shorter history than yours. I have also seen people denied for cards because of too many inquiries when people with a much greater amount of inquiries were approved for the same card.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 50 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.