Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred and Barclays Arrival Plus Approval Odds

tag
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred and Barclays Arrival Plus Approval Odds

@Anonymous wrote:

A few things...

1) Get your FICOs. Before, you had to subscribe to myFICO for a minimum of 3 months, I believe they've lifted that requirement... so, for $29.95 you get all three FICO scores, which is kind of a deal.

2) Ignore all of CK's recommendations. They're marketing. They currently give me "Fair" chances of getting a card I've had for 6 months, and "Poor" chances of getting a card I've had for a year and a half. They also recommended I declare bankruptcy with my FAKO scores in the 660s, touting the freedom of "having a clean start." 

3) Chase (at least for the CSP) likes to see significant experience with limits at, around, or exceeding $5k. The minimum starting limit for the CSP is $5k and they're hesitant to be your first card with that limit. Though it does happen, it is rare. They also denied me for the Freedom on recon last year for not having a card with large enough limits, among other things, and my biggest SL at that time was, I think, $4500 (though I had just had the limit increased the month before).

Best of luck. I agree with starting for the Freedom, but having a general idea of what your actual FICO scores are would be helpful.

Great ifo, and well said.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.