Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred and Discover Approval

Congrats to your approvals Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred and Discover Approval

@dellacent wrote:

I was an idiot 6.5 years ago (18 years old) and ran my credit down from 750 to 610.  Now I have slowly been building my credit back up.  I got a Capital One card 2 years ago with a $300 limit.  Then I got another Capital One card with a $300 limit.  I wasn't paying those in full every month, but other than 2 months I was able to pay on time.

With all of this being said, about 6 months ago, I started reading the forums and realizing how important it is to get my credit score up.  I applied for a Barclaycard Rewards card and got a $500 limit about 45 days ago.  Then I saw a deal with the Discover IT a week ago so I thought I should risk the HP and see what happens.  Well with a 640 Fico score, I got a $2600 limit.  I was pretty happy with that, but then I saw a deal for a 55K Point bonus on a CSP card when you spend $3000 in 3 months yesterday.  Well I tried to resist, but I broke down and applied today.  Well guess what?  I got a $5,000 limit!

My main goal is to get my score around a 750.  I know this will not be easy, but I think when the remaining 25K out of the 80K I owe is paid off, my score will improve quite a bit.

I have always been very "stupid" when it came to knowing about my credit score and monitoring it, but this forum alone has changed that.  I want to thank everyone on the forum for being so positive and helpful.  This has opened my eyes and made raisiing my score almost a hobby Smiley Happy

Congrats on your approvals Smiley Happy WTG

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.