Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred pending Verification

tag
riotz911
Valued Member

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred pending Verification

I recently went through the same thing with CSP. They wanted a copy of my ID. Was quite a pain going into the branch several times and having the manager scan it into my checking account. It took a couple weeks for them to get my docs.

I called backdoor one day randomly, and after a few more questions they approved for $5k. This was 2 weeks after a $5k Amex everyday approval and $1800 discover.

My logic says there should be a better chance with them wanting more info. Otherwise they'd flat out deny you no?

Good luck!
Message 11 of 40
taxi818
Super Contributor

I also went thru the verification process. for 11 days. but i would not take no for answer. i said. their gonna tell me something one way or the other. so i faxed info. 5 days latter i called they said. fax was too dark. then i went to bank. they said i needed to have account . best account put 1500 in checiking. i said no thanks. as i have 5 checking accounts.

so i said to hell with it. i took copy of drivers license. and passport. and sent it certified overnight. they received it this past wednesday. 2 days later. i went to app status. and it said approved. so in short. i think the key is not to give up on verification and you will be approved. never go thru the obsolete fax machine. just simply mail info to them certified mail and you will be good. as copy will be clear and easy to read.

Message 12 of 40
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone.

So went to the local Chase branch and the account manager took my ID and uploaded it to the file. He gave me his card and wants me to call him Monday morning and hopefully I will find out then what the decision is. More waiting. Keeping my fingers crossed

Good luck!

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

I also went thru the verification process. for 11 days. but i would not take no for answer. i said. their gonna tell me something one way or the other. so i faxed info. 5 days latter i called they said. fax was too dark. then i went to bank. they said i needed to have account . best account put 1500 in checiking. i said no thanks. as i have 5 checking accounts.

so i said to hell with it. i took copy of drivers license. and passport. and sent it certified overnight. they received it this past wednesday. 2 days later. i went to app status. and it said approved. so in short. i think the key is not to give up on verification and you will be approved. never go thru the obsolete fax machine. just simply mail info to them certified mail and you will be good. as copy will be clear and easy to read.

I gave up after 10 or 11 days after faxing them the request 15mins after calling in.

It's a joke why they take that long.

Message 14 of 40
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

I gave up after 10 or 11 days after faxing them the request 15mins after calling in.

@Anonymous I think you can call now if they have it. Think of it like this 200 apps per day. I takes time. You took the hp. See I f they can let you mail it overnight. As it has not been 30 days since you applied. It's worth it. Imo. 

Message 15 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I pushed the button and applied for the CSP after getting a pre-qual on Chase's Site. I currently have the Slate, Freedom, and Amazon Card Visa. I called in to ther app status line and get the 2 week decison. So on a hunch, I called the verification line and they asked me some questions. Then after about 3 minutes said they need additional documents. She said I can send them in the mail, fax or go to a branch. I said I would go to Chase Branch. This seems to be a good sign. What do you guys think? I am in?

Loskene, best of luck to you.  Although my United app went into verifiations also they didn't ask for any forms of ID to send to them.  They just asked me about one of my accounts with them and after answering 2 questions correctly the lady processed my app and said congrats you have been approved for 27K.  First time I had to call concerning any app and it was pretty easy and simple.  Again best of luck to you.

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous I think you can call now if they have it. Think of it like this 200 apps per day. I takes time. You took the hp. See I f they can let you mail it overnight. As it has not been 30 days since you applied. It's worth it. Imo. 

I already cancelled the application.  Chase branch didn't really want to work with me when I walked into the branch. Their CSR didn't really  want to explain to me what was going on with the application status.  So I just gave up and didn't want to work with Chase.

Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I called today and they said they have not received my ID, even after the branch sent it. I called the branch and they gave me the direct fax line (888-643-9628) for them. I sent the fax, waited about 20 minutes then called the verification line. Same thing!!! The rep I spoke to said it takes 3 to 5 days for the uploads to make it there and that I should call in on Monday.

This is the biggest waste of time... seems there verification line is offshore. Seems to explain the huge disconnect.Just my 2 cents. I am giving it till Monday then I'm done.
Message 18 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So, I called today and they said they have not received my ID, even after the branch sent it. I called the branch and they gave me the direct fax line (888-643-9628) for them. I sent the fax, waited about 20 minutes then called the verification line. Same thing!!! The rep I spoke to said it takes 3 to 5 days for the uploads to make it there and that I should call in on Monday.

This is the biggest waste of time... seems there verification line is offshore. Seems to explain the huge disconnect.Just my 2 cents. I am giving it till Monday then I'm done.

Patience is a virtue.  Hang in there as I know it can be frustrating.  I am a bit disappointed at the people in the Chase branch you dealt with.  There should be no hassle in sending in the required verification.

Keep us posted on results.. 

Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a lot of patience for many things, but one thing I cannot understand is how the branch manager at Chase cannot verify my identity while I was there in person.   How hard is it to verify me when I have all my paperwork in person?  Can't the manager just call in to the verification department and tell them "oh, it's him"?

But as other have said, it could take up to the max of 30days from application date to get it all done.  

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.