Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire approved - then not!

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire approved - then not!

Thanks, I do love this card! I did not IIBK Chase and I applied online. I do not have a current relationship with Chase but I have previously had a checking with them. Chase auto declines with a BK on record so a recon is required. I called in and explained the BK knowing it was the issue. They sent it off recommended for approval. I was approved for a $500 limit, not what I wanted! I waited 8 months and took a HP for a shot at a CLI. It was declined so I called in to recon. The rep explained that because the BK was on file it required a recon. Explained my BK all over and why I needed the increase. Told him I wanted $5k and he sent it off for senior UW. Next day it was approved.

Next month I fall to 4/24 and will give the CSP a shot!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are the bomb! 

I have been following your adivce, and just got notified in the mail that my Chase Sapphire was approved!  Thanks for the loving support, and well as all those great tips.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats! Anything is possible 😀
Message 13 of 24
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 14 of 24
somotao
Frequent Contributor

This is fantastic news, you will love the chase sapphire preferred card

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 15 of 24
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Chase must be getting softer. 2 1/2 year BK with a chase mortgage and chase auto loan on it, wow.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The devil, as well as the angel, is in the details.

My FICO is 700, and Chase was aware that through the bankruptcy with two chase accounts, I continued to pay them, and every other debt, on time throughout., and have paid them off since.

It's not the typical run of the mill BK case. I was fortunate to have someone who was wiling to listen and carefully review my credit history before making a decision, that was then sent off for a senior sign off.

Message 17 of 24
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The devil, as well as the angel, is in the details.

My FICO is 700, and Chase was aware that through the bankruptcy with two chase accounts, I continued to pay them, and every other debt, on time throughout., and have paid them off since.

It's not the typical run of the mill BK case. I was fortunate to have someone who was wiling to listen and carefully review my credit history before making a decision, that was then sent off for a senior sign off.

You paying them off got your foot back in the door. You didn't take NO for an answer. Congrats!

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I didn't know that I could have the declination reassessed until I read this forum. If it weren't for that....

Today I got the card in the mail. Lovely blue color.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.