Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire

tag
Chadsnana
Valued Member

Chase Sapphire

I applied but did not get instant approval online. Does it mean that I will get rejected by mail?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire

@Chadsnana wrote:

I applied but did not get instant approval online. Does it mean that I will get rejected by mail?

No, it does not mean that you will be declined.  The vast majority of Chase applications are not instant approvals.  Hard to say whether you will be approved or not without knowing about your current credit situation but you should call the Chase automated status line at 800-436-7927.  You will receive one of three answers:

None of the responses mean anything 100% of the time but generally this is what they mean:

7-10 day's response normally indicates a decline

30 day and 2 week messages generally indicate a pending approval.  

If you want to find out more immediately you can call 1-888-270-2127 and speak to a Chase CSR and ask about your application.  Good luck

Message 2 of 7
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Most Chase apps just be hung up in verification.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest calling the verification line. They tend to just simply verify identity via sms text code and move the application along. I applied for my CSR online, no instant approval, called verification 2 days later, got an approval during the call.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both my Chase cards were not instantly approved.  If you were declined, the website would tell you immediately.  If you applied and you got the "further analysis" message, look for a letter in your mail that will either include instructions for additional information (paystubs, proof of residency, etc..) or a request to call and verify your identity.  This is their standard approval process unless you are in the prime credit score bracket, where instant approvals are more common.  Granted getting a verification letter is not contingient of you being approved, it's a good sign that you will.

Good luck!

Cards applied for that required identity verification:

Chase Freedom, $9500 limit granted with a credit score of 605

Chase Sapphire, $14,000 limit granted with score of 648

No collections, write-offs, or other negative marks.

Hope it helps!

Sean

Message 5 of 7
Chadsnana
Valued Member

Got approved for $15,000! Their Fraud Department sent me a letter telling me to call and verify that I made an application. On the call, they sent me a text to further verify the phone number on the application and said that I was approved at that time. I hope that I never need $15,000 worth of credit but I am glad to have it just in case.

My credit score is 750 but I do carry a large balance on my other Chase card. That card is used to pay for my vacations Smiley Happy.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 6 of 7
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

@Chadsnana wrote:

Got approved for $15,000! Their Fraud Department sent me a letter telling me to call and verify that I made an application. On the call, they sent me a text to further verify the phone number on the application and said that I was approved at that time. I hope that I never need $15,000 worth of credit but I am glad to have it just in case.

My credit score is 750 but I do carry a large balance on my other Chase card. That card is used to pay for my vacations Smiley Happy.

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.