Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Approved - With 'If'

tag
daveg38
Established Contributor

Chase Slate Approved - With 'If'

So, I finally had enough with Orchard and Cappy1 shunning all my requests for love.  Not going to deal with Barclay Apple 'threatening' closure because they're being cry babies about other credit account openings.  So, Chase to the rescue.

Called Chase for their Slate.  Since I must admit my UTIL is slightly 'rocky' thanks to several large purchases.

They said we'll give ya $500 and move $2k off Freedom - let ya transfer Capital 1, Orchard and Barclay Apple.  Nice.

The proverbial bird is being flipped as we speak.

Sure, it was an candy approval with 'concession' attached yet still stoked.  Transfering $1050 onto $2500 with 0% interest makes me smile.  Closing Orchard when transfer posts (hopefully before 29th when they take AF), SD my Capital One and conglomerate CL's from Barclay Apple/Ring.  Should report nicely.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate Approved - With 'If'

Hi daveg38,

Congratulations!  So, just to clarify, Chase allows you to transfer your credit history from your previous CCs? Or the secured balances from Cap 1, Orchard to increase your CLI?

Sorry if this is such a dumb question Smiley Sad  Just want to make sure, also which one did they HP?

Thanks in advance!

Message 2 of 13
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi daveg38,

Congratulations!  So, just to clarify, Chase allows you to transfer your credit history from your previous CCs? Or the secured balances from Cap 1, Orchard to increase your CLI?

Sorry if this is such a dumb question Smiley Sad  Just want to make sure, also which one did they HP?

Thanks in advance!

Chase allows you easily transfer credit limits from other Chase cards to different Chase products.  In this case from Freedom to Slate.  They were able to give OP enough credit line to balance transfer the total balances from Cap1 and Orchard cards.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 3 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 13
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 5 of 13
daveg38
Established Contributor

Don't forget I should be able to throw my $500 Apple line onto Ring.  If not, it gets SD like Cappy 1 (Cappy running on 2 years old - better keep it for AAoA girth)

@Jutz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi daveg38,

Thanks in advance!

Chase allows you easily transfer credit limits from other Chase cards to different Chase products.  In this case from Freedom to Slate.  They were able to give OP enough credit line to balance transfer the total balances from Cap1 and Orchard cards.

Message 6 of 13
daveg38
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi daveg38,

Thanks in advance!

They HP Transunion, which was ok by me.  Barclay's trolls Transunion yet since Ring is new and semi 'elite' right now, they're not whacking accounts.  The Apple they can either consolidate onto Ring, shove into their kiesters or I'll sock drawer.  It served it's purpose when I got my iPod...

Message 7 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your slate card!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

@daveg38 wrote:

Closing Orchard when transfer posts (hopefully before 29th when they take AF), SD my Capital One and conglomerate CL's from Barclay Apple/Ring.  Should report nicely. 

Before you close the OB - 

I'm guessing, like me, you opened it when your credit picture wasn't as pretty, and it's one of your oldest cards.  It might be worth hanging on to for a bit.  Last year I called and got them to waive the annual fee for me.  This year, the OB executive office removed the annual fee for life.  I also got Capital One to PC my platinum rebuilder into a Green cash with a much better limit.

The execs tell me that by spring I will be able to request a PC on my Orchard card.  That means that what started out as a 300 dollar subprime 79 dollar annual fee card has a good chance of becoming a 10k plus world mastercard.  I get a little bit of joy out of that idea, along with the thought of being able to keep my oldest revolver open for free.

You ought to at least see if you can get the fee waived and see what happens with this card in the next 12 months or so.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.