Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate CLI? Aim high?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate CLI? Aim high?

Not sure if this is the same for all credit cards (probably) but i have a question for when I call and ask for a credit line increase on my Chase Slate card. Is it good to aim high and they will counter offer downward, or would it be a flat out denial with no counter offer if it was possible?

For example, back in April I took a HP for a CLI on my BOA credit card and it went from 5000 to 10000 as I requested right away, but I've heard of other times when if somebody asks for 20 k, they get countered to whatever the maximum is to like 12600 or something oddly specific like that.

I just want to use the HP as much as possible and make it worth it (just to get my overall util down as much as possible)

In March I plan to increase:

Slate (HP)

BOA (HP)

Citi (will wait for it to be SP on luv button)

Kay (SP)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate CLI? Aim high?

I wouldn't waste any HP's on cards that don't provide benefits. Use that HP and apply for a category rewards card or flat cashback card instead. Getting an increase on Slate seems kind of...useless in my opinion. (The same might apply to that Kay card but i'm less familiar with what that card offers so I won't take the same stand.)

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CLI request for Chase is a HP.  I think if they approve you for an increase, they give you the system generated/authorized offer.  In my interactions with Chase, they do not go back and forth in limits discussions.

Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The CLI request for Chase is a HP.  I think if they approve you for an increase, they give you the system generated/authorized offer.  In my interactions with Chase, they do not go back and forth in limits discussions.

Ditto. And, if you don't get the CLI you were expecting on the first HP, it is another HP if you ask for more. In my case, Chase was a HP fanatic. And even though I got a second increase, it was hardly worth 2 HPs.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.