Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Chase Slate

I was just wondering how hard is this card to obtain compared to their others? I do have a bt to do and decided this might be the one. Also what are some limits that others have gotten? Like i need at least a 3k limit to 100% bt my other card.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Slate

@Skye12329 wrote:
I was just wondering how hard is this card to obtain compared to their others? I do have a bt to do and decided this might be the one. Also what are some limits that others have gotten? Like i need at least a 3k limit to 100% bt my other card.

what cards are you comparing it to?

The slate probably has same or similar underwriting standards as the Freedom. It is probably easier to get than the CSP.

I don't know how to put it on a scale of 1 to 10 to compare against other cards by other lenders.

As for the credit limit, it really depends on your credit profile, income, etc. If you are approved for a lower than ideal limit, you can always call backdoor for a higher CL. They may do it, but sometimes they may want to pull additional inquiries.

If you want the highest chance of getting the highest CL for your BT, check out credit unions that offer 0% on BTs. They're generally a lot more generous than banks.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

what cards are you comparing it to?

The slate probably has same or similar underwriting standards as the Freedom. It is probably easier to get than the CSP.

I don't know how to put it on a scale of 1 to 10 to compare against other cards by other lenders.

As for the credit limit, it really depends on your credit profile, income, etc. If you are approved for a lower than ideal limit, you can always call backdoor for a higher CL. They may do it, but sometimes they may want to pull additional inquiries.

If you want the highest chance of getting the highest CL for your BT, check out credit unions that offer 0% on BTs. They're generally a lot more generous than banks.

I'd say it's somewhere between a CapOne approval and a SPG approval.

Message 3 of 7
fedxboy
Established Contributor

They (Slate) only gave me 2300 last month and to ask for a CLI costs another HP.   So instead I app'd for the Sapphire Preferred and got instant for 7900.  My last pull from any reports is from 10/22/2014 and that's the Slate -- so looks like I lucked out and got 2 cards for 1 pull.  Now I'll be moving my limit over to the Slate..... Win win  Smiley Wink

Just got the Chase Sapphire Preferred in the mail today -- Oh my, it's so heavy

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 4 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@enharu i was comparing it to the 2 cards you mentioned.

@nixon thanks i thought it couldnt be super hard to obtain. Just hoping im not at the internal limit with chase.

@fed yeah from my understanding chase will give your 2nd card a higher limit. Also love the weight of the csp. You will get tired of people always saying wow its so heavy...at least im tired of hearing it from like merchants. Heard it too many times.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 5 of 7
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

@Anonymous yeah from my understanding chase will give your 2nd card a higher limit.

I only wish that'd be the case for me!

First time with Chase, it went $5,000 then $4,500.

Second time, it went $5,000 then $5,000.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fedxboy wrote:

They (Slate) only gave me 2300 last month and to ask for a CLI costs another HP.   So instead I app'd for the Sapphire Preferred and got instant for 7900.  My last pull from any reports is from 10/22/2014 and that's the Slate -- so looks like I lucked out and got 2 cards for 1 pull.  Now I'll be moving my limit over to the Slate..... Win win  Smiley Wink

Just got the Chase Sapphire Preferred in the mail today -- Oh my, it's so heavy

You should be able to move $2,900 of that limit. I believe CSP is $5,000 at minimum.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.