Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Signature

tag
_John_Doe
Contributor

Chase Southwest Signature

Any insight on requirements for the Chase Southwest Signature card? Of any airline we fly Southwest the most. The Chase pre-qual site shows the Freedom and Slate.

Currently I have a Visa ($1K) from my credit union and a Capital One QS Signature ($10K). Util is around 3%.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 709 EXP 702 TU 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Southwest Signature

Chase's pre-quals are pretty reliable(as far as pre-quals go)......I'm not sure if Signature will be granted however with low 700's.....need to know more about your history(inquires, how old current accounts are, any negatives). 3% utilization is good however. And generally, their co-branded cards are easier to get than the Chase only offerings(CSP, Freedom, Slate)

Message 2 of 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@_John_Doe wrote:

Any insight on requirements for the Chase Southwest Signature card? Of any airline we fly Southwest the most. The Chase pre-qual site shows the Freedom and Slate.

Currently I have a Visa ($1K) from my credit union and a Capital One QS Signature ($10K). Util is around 3%.

How long have you had the Cap1 QS? 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

OP- Chase prequal site only shows offers for their main cards; CSP, Freedom or Slate. 

I would say SW Visa is pretty easy to obtain. If you prequal for Freedom, I think SW Visa is very good shot. 

Whether its a Signature Visa is a different story. You have a small and big CL with your cards. Chase could meet you in the middle with 5k and give you the signature of give you 2-4k because they don't know you yet. 

Message 4 of 7
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Just a thought.... consider app'ing for the Plus.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I recall my fico was 644 when I apped for Freedom, read here on the forum if I apped for a second card wthin 24 hours it would only be one hard pull. YEP...approved for both cards on the single pull.

My starting limit on the SW was 2K..so not a signature...but excited to have both.

Message 6 of 7
_John_Doe
Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I'm not too concerned about a high limit since we use Southwest for mainly regional travel so fares are low though it would be nice.

I haven't had the CapOne QS very long (it is reporting through) so maybe I should wait a few months before app'ing for the Chase SW?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 709 EXP 702 TU 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.