cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Club Card: Minimum Credit Line?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase United Club Card: Minimum Credit Line?

I've read so many conflicting answers.

$8,000 minimum

$15,000 minimum

$20,000 minimum

Anyone recently get this card and if so what was your CL? Tough to swallow a $450 annual fee if the minimum is really just 8K, especially since Chase can sometimes be stingy with limits.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Chase United Club Card: Minimum Credit Line?

There really isnt any easy to find cut and dry info on that question but there are lots of people asking via my google search lol. 

I looked over the terms, I would think 5k is the minimum limit. Chase would put somewhere that this card has a min. limit of 15k as the number of people who would get approved for 5k is going to be way way way higher than those approved for 15k+ limits.

I think people speculate in on the 15k because chase mentions that if you can do a balance transfer, they wont do it over 15k which is seen on chase credit card apps as its their max amount of transfer they will take. 

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read so many conflicting answers.

$8,000 minimum

$15,000 minimum

$20,000 minimum

Anyone recently get this card and if so what was your CL? Tough to swallow a $450 annual fee if the minimum is really just 8K, especially since Chase can sometimes be stingy with limits.

Every lender uses proprietary algorithms to underwrite potential customers. The question you asked cannot be answered by anyone as we would be grasping at straws trying.  When you apply for a card, the banks uses your current limts, the risk you present amongst other things to determine your limit.

So that is why you are seeing a variance in approval of $8,000, $15,000 and $20,000. There isn't a definitive answer to your question.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense, but the examples I cited all were different posters claiming they were told the card came with each as the "minimum CL", spaced out enough to suggest the minimum line has incrementally increased on the card. Just a month ago a poster claimed after calling the recon line he was told the minimum line for anyone approved is 15K on the card. Two years prior to that post, a poster claimed the "new minimum" was 8K (presumably up from 5K). Could have been bad information I suppose.

Message 4 of 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

I'm waiting for the first person with a Jpm number to call and just ask lol.
Message 5 of 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

I could do it but as the many others out there just rather be curious lol
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the curiousity and anticipation of reading a definitive post is mildly entertaining. Also realized searching by term United in the approval forum at least has more postings of starting limits.

Think I'll wait until score gets a bit closer to 800 before applying.

Message 7 of 18
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

The minimum credit line on the United Club Card is $5,000, same as Sapphire Preferred, Marriott and Ritz.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

The minimum credit line on the United Club Card is $5,000, same as Sapphire Preferred, Marriott and Ritz.

Interesting. The Sapphire Preferred lists the minimum CL in the application. Wonder why the Club card does not.

Message 9 of 18
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
I'm waiting for the first person with a Jpm number to call and just ask lol.

Call ddemari . 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.