Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Vent

tag
mamatried
Contributor

Chase Vent

Called to recon Chase Amazon and they couldn't do approval as I have old collections (paid in full, show as 0.00), UGHHHHH!! I wish they'd stop sending me preapproval letters in the mail... I have enough Southwest apps to wallpaper my house... Grrrrr

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Vent

They will approve with old collections as I have them, it depends alot more on your whole credit profile... Granted having no collections is the best thing, but it isn't always possible other than time...  I think you just need to get your scores up to the 660+ range along with keeping your utilization down and work on the baddies you do have or let them age a bit more, but it is possible to get approved w/laters and CO or CA's..  Just takes time.

Also for whatever reason the Chase Amazon is one of the harder cards to get with Chase.. Probably the Easieset are the Southwest Card or Freedom (if under 5 new CC in 2 years) and Marriott...  Granted as stated you still need FIcos 660ish for those most likley.

Message 2 of 13
mamatried
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try again for the Southwest or Hyatt once I get up to 660 - 680. All my baddies are taken care of. Now I guess just keep gardening and trying to see if old paid collections will remove. 

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

my paid collections were a year old before chase gave me card and Marriott was my first, had previously been denied amazon visa

Message 4 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

Before chase let me back in with freedom last year, i applied for amazon several times
And couldnt get it. I finally got though with the lowest of my limits of all my chase cards.
Message 5 of 13
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

CHASE is more accepting of collections as long as you don't have a BK or a previous baddie with them.  As of late It seems CHASE has been very conservative with approvals and ICL 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 6 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear. Chase questioned me once on a 15 year old charged off Bank1 card (paid in full). They seemed satisfied when I acknowledged my past missteps and approved it. Might be worth another attempt.
Message 7 of 13
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Sorry to hear. Chase questioned me once on a 15 year old charged off Bank1 card (paid in full). They seemed satisfied when I acknowledged my past missteps and approved it. Might be worth another attempt. 

I have heard other posters previously mention that  OC cannot "legally" use any criteria against you that is not currently reported by the CRAs. In otherwords the so called "blacklists" are really not legal if anyone was to take the OC to court which I suppose rarely if ever happens. Any thoughts on this matter.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 8 of 13
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:

Re: Sorry to hear. Chase questioned me once on a 15 year old charged off Bank1 card (paid in full). They seemed satisfied when I acknowledged my past missteps and approved it. Might be worth another attempt. 

I have heard other posters previously mention that  OC cannot "legally" use any criteria against you that is not currently reported by the CRAs. In otherwords the so called "blacklists" are really not legal if anyone was to take the OC to court which I suppose rarely if ever happens. Any thoughts on this matter.

Well lenders definately will do a denial with a reason of "previous negative relationship". Amex is a big one that does that. In fact, Amex wont even pull a CR and just deny for that reason alone. I've never heard it being illegal to do that.

Message 9 of 13
stellar
Established Contributor

I think the Chase United Mileage Explorer card is the easiest to get.  I couldn't get approved for Chase Amazon, Freedom or anything but did just get the United card, my first card with Chase.  Might want to try that.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.