Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase app

Hey everyone,

I'm wanting to get another cc. preferably with Chase. I just got all my balances paid down and got a 10K cli on Amex. so util is great. after I got all my balances down my score jumped to about 720. i got the Ritz catd with chase in December. anybody think I'll have problems? i'm wanting CSP and Freedom. is this too ambitious? I apped for CSP the same time as the Rits and they said the only reason for decline was they wanted to see some usage with the Ritz (didnt wanna extend too much credit at one time)

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase app

Give it some time. Your file is still somewhat thin.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone,

I'm wanting to get another cc. preferably with Chase. I just got all my balances paid down and got a 10K cli on Amex. so util is great. after I got all my balances down my score jumped to about 720. i got the Ritz catd with chase in December. anybody think I'll have problems? i'm wanting CSP and Freedom. is this too ambitious? I apped for CSP the same time as the Rits and they said the only reason for decline was they wanted to see some usage with the Ritz (didnt wanna extend too much credit at one time)

Thanks

Personally I'd wait another month or two.  If they wanted to see some usage on the Ritz first you'll probably need to get more than a month's use on it first.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm.....when Chase said they want to see usage I'm assuming that means history with the Ritz card and since you just received it a month ago I would at least wait until around April or May. But you could check the pre-qualifications link and if either cards pop up then feel free to go for it......maybe pick just one for now. I had a positive experience being approved for two Chase cards in less than a month but the second required some verification hoop jumping Smiley Happy Good luck

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the reason for decline was the need for more history on the Ritz I doubt that would be any different a month later.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking of apping in late feb. I'm planning a couple large purchases to put thru ritz and pay of right after. if its too early for Chase around the end of next month, are there any other CCC's i should look at? I'm buying a house and want to have a little util padding to get some furniture.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geez, I suck as a typist. There were no responses when I started.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Geez, I suck as a typist. There were no responses when I started.

lol happens to the best of us. I'm not super worried because i reconned and the guy specifically said "wait a month or two and put some spend through." which leads me to believe that I was on the cusp of approval. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give it six months.

Don't let stories like my 5 Chase cards in two months fool you into being too ambitious. Even though I just got my scores out of the gutter, I've had continuous experience with higher limits for several years which I am sure contributed to all of my approvals.

Give it some time.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Give it six months.

Don't let stories like my 5 Chase cards in two months fool you into being too ambitious. Even though I just got my scores out of the gutter, I've had continuous experience with higher limits for several years which I am sure contributed to all of my approvals.

Give it some time.

Thanks Nixon. Sounds good.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.