Did you mean: 

Chase credit card offers

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase credit card offers

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@bigDEElight wrote:
I was pre-qualified for the Freedom and Slate. I took the Freedom. About 3 weeks later, I cold apped and was approved for the CSP. I don't think I would have gotten it without already having a Chase card. So, I think you could get either one that you wanted but don't dismiss the Freedom either.

Also I only have a bank account with chase. I do not have any of their credit cards, never have.

If you have been pre-qualified for Chase, you have a 99% chance of approval... Chase's pre-quals are golden... just go to chase.com and credit cards and check pre-qual offers and apply from there.

Message 11 of 29
Haytumaboneaaj
Valued Member

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

So, I recived a pre-qulified offer from chase, for chase freedom. Now that thing Is ive always wanted chase, but chase sappire not freedom. So with that being said, 

my credit karma score is 682 

no missed payments and no negatives.

4 positive accounts.

1 loan 3 credit cards,

1 cap one 300$

discover it 1250$

Wife's secured credit card 200$

loan 8500 original loan ammount 0 missed payments

credit histore is about 10 months..

income about 52K a year.

for 2 months, discover it reporte high utulization which was anywhere from 85 to 100% same with my cap one. 

But I paid them off completly and they both reported 15% utilization.

my question is what am I likely to get apporoved for? sappire or freedom?

thanks

Just to point something out, I see that you are mentioning the Sapphire and not the CSP. I would app for the CSP, and then downgrade it after a year if you don't want it, since the AF is waived the first year anyway and the Sapphire itself is pretty meh.

I actually didn't know they have a sapphire and sapphire proffered if so I would like to get the preferred yes. So should go ahead and apply for sapphire proffered ?

TU 751 | EQ 742| EX 741 Credit History: 2 years 8 months. Star date was Jan 2014. Current Cards: Capital One QuickSilver $4750/ Discover It $2250/ Chase Sapphire Preferred: $6000/ Care Credit: $4500. Barclay Apple Rewards: $4500/ fidelity bank: $1000/ Amex blue cash preferred $11000/ Capital one venture: $5000/ Amazon Prime store credit: $2700
Message 12 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

So, I recived a pre-qulified offer from chase, for chase freedom. Now that thing Is ive always wanted chase, but chase sappire not freedom. So with that being said, 

4 positive accounts.

1 loan 3 credit cards,

1 cap one 300$

discover it 1250$

income about 52K a year.

for 2 months, discover it reporte high utulization which was anywhere from 85 to 100% same with my cap one. 

thanks

Just to point something out, I see that you are mentioning the Sapphire and not the CSP. I would app for the CSP, and then downgrade it after a year if you don't want it, since the AF is waived the first year anyway and the Sapphire itself is pretty meh.

I actually didn't know they have a sapphire and sapphire proffered if so I would like to get the preferred yes. So should go ahead and apply for sapphire proffered ?

no you should go do the pre-qual and if freedom is your only offer - Take Freedom... Next month maybe go for CSP but right now I would say no unless it's in your offers.

Message 13 of 29
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@bigDEElight wrote:
I was pre-qualified for the Freedom and Slate. I took the Freedom. About 3 weeks later, I cold apped and was approved for the CSP. I don't think I would have gotten it without already having a Chase card. So, I think you could get either one that you wanted but don't dismiss the Freedom either.

Which bearue do they pull? 

Depends on your state. They hit my TU for the Freedom but pulled EQ for my CSP. I'm in Georgia.

EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 14 of 29
Haytumaboneaaj
Valued Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

Hello,

4 positive accounts.

1 loan 3 credit cards,

1 cap one 300$

discover it 1250$

income about 52K a year.

thanks

no you should go do the pre-qual and if freedom is your only offer - Take Freedom... Next month maybe go for CSP but right now I would say no unless it's in your offers.

I went on their website and checked the pre-qual and the only offer I saw was for freedom.. But I just dont want to wasted credit inquiries.. say I get approved for freedom today 3 months later want sappire theyll pull my credit again.. correct? 

TU 751 | EQ 742| EX 741 Credit History: 2 years 8 months. Star date was Jan 2014. Current Cards: Capital One QuickSilver $4750/ Discover It $2250/ Chase Sapphire Preferred: $6000/ Care Credit: $4500. Barclay Apple Rewards: $4500/ fidelity bank: $1000/ Amex blue cash preferred $11000/ Capital one venture: $5000/ Amazon Prime store credit: $2700
Message 15 of 29
Haytumaboneaaj
Valued Member

@bigDEElight wrote:

@Haytumaboneaaj wrote:

@bigDEElight wrote:

Which bearue do they pull? 

Depends on your state. They hit my TU for the Freedom but pulled EQ for my CSP. I'm in Georgia.

I am in georgia also.

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

They have always pulled EX for me in CA.

They "sometimes" will pull EX and TU

other partns of country have pulled EQ though.

Chase pulled EX and FirstUSA pulled EQ for my Chase Freedom Card in MN (double pull).

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been trying for two weeks to get a prequalify from Chase.  Finally, today I got one. We are in process of buying a house so I'm gonna wait til after mortgage broker pulls credit on Monday.  Do you think I will still get approved if I have had alot of inquiries due to the morrtgage? If you get a preapproval has everyone got accepted?

Thanks,

Message 18 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been trying for two weeks to get a prequalify from Chase.  Finally, today I got one. We are in process of buying a house so I'm gonna wait til after mortgage broker pulls credit on Monday.  Do you think I will still get approved if I have had alot of inquiries due to the morrtgage? If you get a preapproval has everyone got accepted?

Thanks,

WAIT... just because you are house pre-approved doesn't mean you can then go open credit cards.... NO APPS besides mortage until AFTER you sign at CLOSING on the hosue... they will pull AT LEAST 1 more time before closing to check on what you have been doing!!!

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh thanks for the info!!  I didnt realize that!  I have been preapproved for Chase & Amex which I have been dying for.  I only have 4 credit cards with Cap One Highest balance is $750 they wont CLI because of too many inquiries!

Thanks for your guidance!

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.