Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom 7-10 message

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Chase freedom 7-10 message

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad...  What is your available open credit if you don't mind me asking?  Utilzation and is your available credit > income x 1 or x2?

I think that is the problem. i put down my expected income for 2014. as 38k. last year i cleared. 70k. So i put 38k and m available. is about 75k

2 times my income. my utilization is about 7percent. not so bad. she clearly said that was the only reason for denial. experian at 703. she did mention i had 13 new accounts in the last year. 2 in the last 6 months.. so im sure that is it as well. i have 1 baddie. she did not mention. a 5 year old collection from a cable bill. brighthouse. paid in full. only negative ever. so. its ok. i really have more than i need. i was trying to get some cusion as i will use about 10k of this credit in the next 6 months. 7k for taxes. and 3k for travel. then the cards i use i will SD and pay them off slowly. thanks all. im not upset. just had to have 1 more app before the end of 2014.

too bad i have to go back to seedling. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 25
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad...  What is your available open credit if you don't mind me asking?  Utilzation and is your available credit > income x 1 or x2?

I think that is the problem. i put down my expected income for 2014. as 38k. last year i cleared. 70k. So i put 38k and m available. is about 75k

2 times my income. my utilization is about 7percent. not so bad. she clearly said that was the only reason for denial. experian at 703. she did mention i had 13 new accounts in the last year. 2 in the last 6 months.. so im sure that is it as well. i have 1 baddie. she did not mention. a 5 year old collection from a cable bill. brighthouse. paid in full. only negative ever. so. its ok. i really have more than i need. i was trying to get some cusion as i will use about 10k of this credit in the next 6 months. 7k for taxes. and 3k for travel. then the cards i use i will SD and pay them off slowly. thanks all. im not upset. just had to have 1 more app before the end of 2014.

Sorry to hear that, but look at the bright side, you have encounter new accounts this year so take that as a accomplishment..

Message 12 of 25
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I think it has more to do with newer accounts and stuff. You can always try recon again and if that doesn't work, just try again at another time when your accounts are older.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied a few days ago, but got denied because of the charge off and 2 collections I have. Don't think I'm applying for anymore cards till I get those squared away in March/April. 

Message 14 of 25
uswala
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Just apped for freedom to get in with chase. Got pending message. Says if approved card will arrived in a few days. In denied a letter will arrive. Can I call to recon now?  Anyone has number. Thanks. Back door number needed. 

I've gotten the 7-10 day message before resulting in a denial and usually it's been verification stuff if it says it's pending and that you'll receive a response in the next 30 days but maybe your case might be different. In either case, just be sure to have a convincing plea for them to overturn the decision if it's a denial. You might have to try it several times.

I called first number. Denied. Rep said. Reason was. Too much available credit. Don't know if I even want to recon.  

Sorry to hear that. Chase seem to have same issue with a lot of people. They refuse to give me any CLI citing the same reason.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check chase pre-approve site first? try it sometimes even after u got denied if there is an offer they will approve you lol dont ask me why but chase is odd!

Message 16 of 25
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you check chase pre-approve site first? try it sometimes even after u got denied if there is an offer they will approve you lol dont ask me why but chase is odd!

This is a good point !  Ive recently read a thread or two where people were denied the app but approved via prequal. 

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did and they didn't have anything for me lmao. Guess my credit is still too bad. Smiley Surprised

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did and they didn't have anything for me lmao. Guess my credit is still too bad. Smiley Surprised

Don't feel bad. I have 4 cards with them and still can't get a Slate pre-approval!

Message 19 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't feel bad. I have 4 cards with them and still can't get a Slate pre-approval!

Forget the Slate... I think the Ritz is calling your name now Smiley Tongue

https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.