Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase freedom app

So i got my discover card last september and did very well with it.

This monday i applied for my chase freedom application a second time. Because the first time there was a security problem when i called verifications, or something like that, and they said that i could reapply, so i did.

Well its been 5 business days and do they only contact you by phone? or they only send a mail?

I've wondering what my chances are. as i have a pretty high credit score but a short history( only 14months).

i have a discover student card which i made perfect payments on, 

771 transunion

719 equifax.

the problem i think was that i had a high credit utilization at the time i applied, cause i was buying something with my credit card and didnt pay it off before the statement,

so i used around 800 of the 1250 limit.

Also i heard that when they said that you will get a reply in 7-10 days its a bad sign,

well them told me 2 weeks so that is in the 30 day catorgory or the 7-10 days?

Also since im a student i put 21k for my salary, 

so what do you guys think ?

should i call backdoor now to see if they can expediate my application? or just wait in the mail? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase freedom app

Welcome to the board.  What does the automated system say when you call? [ Sorry, I don't understand some of your sentences].  Also, you will get a letter in the mail if they need anything from you.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This monday i applied for my chase freedom application a second time. Because the first time there was a security problem when i called verifications, or something like that, and they said that i could reapply, so i did.

Well its been 5 business days and do they only contact you by phone? or they only send a mail?

I've wondering what my chances are. as i have a pretty high credit score but a short history( only 14months).

771 transunion

719 equifax.

the problem i think was that i had a high credit utilization at the time i applied, cause i was buying something with my credit card and didnt pay it off before the statement,

Also i heard that when they said that you will get a reply in 7-10 days its a bad sign,

should i call backdoor now to see if they can expediate my application? or just wait in the mail? 

When you apply online and it goes to review, you'll usually get the 7-10 days message.  You will also receive an email stating you'll receive a decision in 30 days.

When you call in to check the status, if the automated system says two weeks - this is most likely an approval (but not always).  If it says 7-10 days, this is most likely a denial (but not always).

My (declined) application for the Amazon VISA a few months ago is proof that two weeks notice doesn't guarantee approval.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats werid i didnt get an email after i applied.

Also when i called the automated system it asks for my ssn and then brings me to a representative.

The rep says the application is done verifying and is pending review. 

so i guess just wait?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats werid i didnt get an email after i applied.

Also when i called the automated system it asks for my ssn and then brings me to a representative.

The rep says the application is done verifying and is pending review. 

so i guess just wait?

Yes, at this point you just have to wait. Out of curiosity, in your earlier email, you stated there was a security problem.  Do you mind sharing what the problem was with your first application?

If it is something serious, that can affect the outcome of your new application.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah there was a security problem but they didnt tell me what it was.

I think it might have been 

1. i answered a security question wrong when they were trying to verifiy my first application.

2. or its because i added my friend as a authorized user, but he has no credit history or citizenship, he was a foreign friend,

so for my second application i didnt add any authorized users.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

771 transunion

719 equifax.

No, I don't think it means bad news if they tell you they will send a reply in 7-10 days..  I called to request a CLI on my Chase Slate.  It was approved but required a HP.  When I asked for a CLI increase on my Chase Freedom Unlimited, since I took a HP, it came back saying it was under review and I would get a letter in the mail.  When I got both letters in the mail, they were congratulations as the Chase Freedom Unlimited also received a CLI.

You mentioned since you're a student, you put $21,000 as your salary.  Are you saying you don't have a salary?  I'm not sure, but just because you're a student doesn't mean there is a fixed salary/income you report on a credit card application.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No i do have a salary, i was just wondering if it was too low or if salary affects the credit limit you get.

Update, I called them today and they ask me to fax in some information, to verify my name address and date of birth,

So i went to a chase bank, and ask the teller to fax my drivers license to them.

Well before i called the rep, the automated system said i would get a reply in the mail in 7-10 days, and i thought i was declined for sure.

The rep told me after it would take 24-48 hours to process and then around 7 business days for them to review it. 

So wow i waited like a week to know that my application wasnt even verified yet D: 

Hope there is a way to speed it up. 

Will called in 2 days to see if its verified. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.