Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom pre qualified now I'm itching

tag
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase freedom pre qualified now I'm itching

Okay, thanks. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 11 of 59
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Chase online Pre-Qual are GOLD... Apply!

I know credit you you are the last person I needed to get a push from no offense lol. You have a weird way of making folks pull the trigger. I'm a try to wait till Friday though as my score will be much higher on EX when my discover reports 0 it's over 70% right now. 

Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 12 of 59
MT936
Established Contributor

if you are pre qualified you have a very high chance

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 13 of 59
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

Try having to wait untill Jan/Feb to do an app spree... Knowing you're already pre Qualified and getting the best offers is two different stories.

I can go on an app spree now and more than likely quailfy for most of them, but it doesent mean I'm going to get good rates and Limits. Jan/Feb is when I'll be in good shape, so I just have to Garden till then. You'll be alright

This my friend I would not be able to do at all lol 

Wallet:

Message 14 of 59
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Smooth954 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I know credit you you are the last person I needed to get a push from no offense lol. You have a weird way of making folks pull the trigger. I'm a try to wait till Friday though as my score will be much higher on EX when my discover reports 0 it's over 70% right now. 

It would not be wise to app until then Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 15 of 59
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Smooth954 wrote:

@TheFate wrote:

Try having to wait untill Jan/Feb to do an app spree... Knowing you're already pre Qualified and getting the best offers is two different stories.

I can go on an app spree now and more than likely quailfy for most of them, but it doesent mean I'm going to get good rates and Limits. Jan/Feb is when I'll be in good shape, so I just have to Garden till then. You'll be alright

This my friend I would not be able to do at all lol 

Its tuff, but it's a sprint not a race.

Patience is a Virtue. I've learned that waiting is the key with Credit, rushing into anything in life usually results to things you end up not being satisfied with.

Message 16 of 59
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Smooth954 wrote:

Seeing all these approval for freedom and other chase products in the approval forum I went to check chase pre qualified portal. I have had any pre-qualified offers every before so I was shocked when I seen a pre-qualify offer for a freedom card. I don't know why it did this maybe because I was expecting to see nothing but now I don't want to app until Friday when my discover reports the 0 balance and I'm in a better range as for as UTlL. It's only Sunday this is going to be a hard week smh.

What APR did the offer give you?

Pretty high compared to my other cards. 0 intro then 22.99 after based on market etc...

Wallet:

Message 17 of 59
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Smooth954 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Wait until Friday then and don't use the pre-qual and apply for it and you may get better rate.

My partner had pre-qual for slate and has had it for over 6 months but recently when we actually needed it they had dropped it all the way to the 0% for 15 months and then the tier 3 22.9 apr so we cold applied without the pre-qual and they ended up approving at tier 1 12.99!!

and to poster waiting until Jan... I don't know where that figure comes from but doesn't make sense to me... in 6 months op could already have at least 1 chance at auto cli if not more and gone through 2 5% bonus categories... wait to jan is for the birds with an offer for it now already and not needing to clear baddies.

Message 18 of 59
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@Smooth954 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

It would not be wise to app until then Smiley Happy

Yea I am going to wait till Friday.

Wallet:

Message 19 of 59
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Smooth954 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Wait until Friday then and don't use the pre-qual and apply for it and you may get better rate.

My partner had pre-qual for slate and has had it for over 6 months but recently when we actually needed it they had dropped it all the way to the 0% for 15 months and then the tier 3 22.9 apr so we cold applied without the pre-qual and they ended up approving at tier 1 12.99!!

and to poster waiting until Jan... I don't know where that figure comes from but doesn't make sense to me... in 6 months op could already have at least 1 chance at auto cli if not more and gone through 2 5% bonus categories... wait to jan is for the birds with an offer for it now already and not needing to clear baddies.

Great advise as I would of for sure app through the pre-qualified offer. Wouldn't have though that much into it but what you've stated makes a lot of sense. Another reason why this site is so helpful it's great to hear all the views and opinion from everyone as even small details can cost you. Thanks everyone for the input I really appreciate it and I will update the outcome when I app.

Wallet:

Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.