tag
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: Chase freedom pre qualified now I'm itching

@-Wade- wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

Some of us never get prequalified offers....

real talk, ur not alone smh!!!

I think mine might have been due to opting out of all credit card offers 4-5 years ago when I got rid of all my credit cards.

That will do it for sure. You can always opt back in

I just did.  Hopefully my mailbox doesn't get crammed full of offers but if I ever get a really good offer on the Amex Platinum in the future I could see going for it.

Message 41 of 59
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

I think mine might have been due to opting out of all credit card offers 4-5 years ago when I got rid of all my credit cards.

I just did.  Hopefully my mailbox doesn't get crammed full of offers but if I ever get a really good offer on the Amex Platinum in the future I could see going for it.

it will take a few months before you start getting them

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 42 of 59
Godoi25
Established Member

I also was pre qualified for the freedom about 2 weeks ago (seen in the website)  my score was 670 Fico from here, today I got an alert that my balance lowered and score went up 10pt so I decided to check the prequal again and nothing showed up, is that normal? Nothing else changed in my reports. I'm planing to apply for it in December after some inquires fall off. Any reason it wouldn't show the offer this time? I'm just curious and I am addicted to checking pre qualifying websites. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 43 of 59
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

Hope you get the 100k offer that is floating around.  Also the Ameriprise Amex Platinum offer isn't to bad 25K no first year AF.

Message 44 of 59
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

A mex would be cool for sure. I have another question my BofA card I was looking into asking for a CLI this will be a HP I'm sure should I ask after the chase app are do it matter? I have 5 inq on EX 1 from BofA when I first got the card last oct  1 from a CA that did a pull without my knowledge they said they where given my student loan when I called so I guess that gave them permissible cause. Student loan age d off report so report is now clean. 3 from my auto loan shopping hopefully these will be grouped into 1. But as far as my fico it shows 5 inquiries. 

Should I app first with chase are ask for the CLI first through BofA?

Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 45 of 59
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Smooth954 wrote:

A mex would be cool for sure. I have another question my BofA card I was looking into asking for a CLI this will be a HP I'm sure should I ask after the chase app are do it matter? I have 5 inq on EX 1 from BofA when I first got the card last oct  1 from a CA that did a pull without my knowledge they said they where given my student loan when I called so I guess that gave them permissible cause. Student loan age d off report so report is now clean. 3 from my auto loan shopping hopefully these will be grouped into 1. But as far as my fico it shows 5 inquiries. 

Should I app first with chase are ask for the CLI first through BofA?

Depends on how many INQ's you currently have.

If you don't  have many I would get the increase first then app to better your chances of Chase matching.

Message 46 of 59
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I'm having to wait till Jan to apply for the CSP because I have a large purchase coming up in Jan that will cover most of the spending required for the bonus.

I would rather do it now, since I have a couple of other new accounts so they could age together, but I don't want to be under preassure to qualify for the bonus so I have decided to wait.

Waiting SUCKS!!

Im not sure where you are making the large purchase but why not buy a gift card for the store? 

I have one single class that I need to pay for out of pocket at my college.  Then the other fees associated with the application to graduate.  I am going to use the card to pay off my balance I owe the school when I'm done basically. 

I saved my signup bonus from Freedom and plan to use the combined bonuses to pay for our vacation next summer.

Message 47 of 59
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

Also another thing to keep in mind, It's highly believed that jumping into a card with a lower score you're placed in a different bracket as opposed to someone who is approved with a higher score. If you're approved at a high rate, low limit I dont care how many CLI's you get you'll never reach someone's rates and limits that had a better score to begin with

I wouldn't say never.  With Amex you have a chance but since Chase is notoriously slow at giving CLIs that why people think it is better app for another card.  I don't know if the OP usually carries a balance but with that 22.99% that they offered you it usually tells you what Chase thinks about your credit report right now. 

I stand by what I said.

If we both get approved for the chase freedom and your approval was for 1k with 22.9% and mine was 5k with 12.9% as long as were both consistant with requsting CLI and keeping up with our payment history you'll never reach me unless of course we reach a max CL. But i'll be enjoying my UTI space and rates while you steady try to play catch up.

That's why I strongly believe its best to wait and not rush into your apping just because you pre qualify. Its fish bait, you apply when you're ready not because they threw the bait out.

If you are using the Chase Freedom as an example maybe.  You might stand by what you said but it doesn't make it right, you are saying never. 

So person A:  Has ok credit 1k limit 22.99 Annual Income 40k

person B:  Has great credit 10k limit 13.99 Annual income 100k

Fast forward 3 yrs A: Has excellent credit Annual Income 250K and a CPC relationship with chase

B: Has excellent credit Annual Income 1115k

Your saying person A could never have a higher cl than B?  And also the interest is only important if you carry a balance.

While these scenarios would seem unlikely it still could happen and who would Chase be more app to extend more credit to?  That why I would never say never when it involves what a CCC might do.

Message 48 of 59
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Since we are talking chase and waiting and lower and higher CL and CLI's... I'll throw out that I can count on a hand how many posts I read about people requesting CLI's and taking HP's on any basis let alone regularly.
This board is shuck full of people that simply get 2nd and 3rd cards and move CL.
I say the building your internal score with chase will pay off 10 fold with a lower starting limit now and a 2nd card in 6 months with better credit than just waiting to start with chase with better credit.
Other banks may be different but with chase!
Message 49 of 59
TheFate
Established Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@TheFate wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

Also another thing to keep in mind, It's highly believed that jumping into a card with a lower score you're placed in a different bracket as opposed to someone who is approved with a higher score. If you're approved at a high rate, low limit I dont care how many CLI's you get you'll never reach someone's rates and limits that had a better score to begin with

I wouldn't say never.  With Amex you have a chance but since Chase is notoriously slow at giving CLIs that why people think it is better app for another card.  I don't know if the OP usually carries a balance but with that 22.99% that they offered you it usually tells you what Chase thinks about your credit report right now. 

I stand by what I said.

If we both get approved for the chase freedom and your approval was for 1k with 22.9% and mine was 5k with 12.9% as long as were both consistant with requsting CLI and keeping up with our payment history you'll never reach me unless of course we reach a max CL. But i'll be enjoying my UTI space and rates while you steady try to play catch up.

That's why I strongly believe its best to wait and not rush into your apping just because you pre qualify. Its fish bait, you apply when you're ready not because they threw the bait out.

If you are using the Chase Freedom as an example maybe.  You might stand by what you said but it doesn't make it right, you are saying never. 

So person A:  Has ok credit 1k limit 22.99 Annual Income 40k

person B:  Has great credit 10k limit 13.99 Annual income 100k

Fast forward 3 yrs A: Has excellent credit Annual Income 250K and a CPC relationship with chase

B: Has excellent credit Annual Income 1115k

Your saying person A could never have a higher cl than B?  And also the interest is only important if you carry a balance.

While these scenarios would seem unlikely it still could happen and who would Chase be more app to extend more credit to?  That why I would never say never when it involves what a CCC might do.

Income plays a very small role to your CLI's.

As you've probably seen here theres students with incomes of 14k getting great limits but have great scores.

Message 50 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.