Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase ihg (denial?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase ihg (denial?)

We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days. More than likely a denial I assume?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase ihg (denial?)

I've gotten this before.

Generally, 7-10 days seems to be a denial and the 30 days response is normally more positive.  Best to wait it out.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days. More than likely a denial I assume?

Definitely does not necessarily mean a denial.  That is the standard response you get from Chase when you apply and are not instantly approved.  Without knowing about your credit file, it's impossible to tell you whether you'll be approved or not, that message is basically meaningless.  Instead call 800-436-7927 which is the Chase automated application status line.  Follow the prompts and you'll get one of 3 replies; a 7-10 day message, a 30 days message or a 2 week message.  The first generally indicates a denial but the latter two are good indicators of an approval. Of course, that is just a generalization of their meanings and the opposite could always occur. The message will change over time so check it often and hopefully you'll eventually get the message that you're approved.  Good luck

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

From personal experience, Chase rarely does an instant approval, and they usually like to manually review applications.

The 30 day message is completely normal. Call their application status line in a day or two and see what the automated system says. 

Message 4 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It could be a verification issue.

Call their Verification line at 1- 800-278-8830.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't worry about it too much, it doesn't necessarily mean a denial. I've been banking with Chase for years, everytime I've applied for a card or CLI, it's always taken a few days before they get back to me. Good luck!

bbb

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.