Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase no longer accepting ITIN

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Chase no longer accepting ITIN

I was able to get my Freedom with ITIN last year, today my banker said that they changed a lot of rules and that ITIN is not longer accepted for credit purposes (cards or other loans).

I was thinking of getting another Chase card in the future to transfer the limit to my Freedom so I can have a Visa Signature. I hope they can make an exception to current customers.

I read in another post that Discover also no longer accept ITIN, I'll try the miles card in the future and see what happens.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase no longer accepting ITIN

Thats BS. They do accept itin, banker knows nothibg
BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 2 of 17
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Try to apply for their card online
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 3 of 17
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

To be sure 100% i tried and itin was accepted. You re right, discover no longer accepts itin. Actually im waiting for my credit to get older. To apply for Chase.. That news would of been a huge blow for me ad they re one of the best banks. I wish their employees knew what they re talking about
Message 4 of 17
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

I feel dumb for asking, but what's ITIN?

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 5 of 17
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Income tax id number issued by IRS to those ineligible for ssn
Message 6 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

@orestrus wrote:
To be sure 100% i tried and itin was accepted. You re right, discover no longer accepts itin. Actually im waiting for my credit to get older. To apply for Chase.. That news would of been a huge blow for me ad they re one of the best banks. I wish their employees knew what they re talking about

I hope you are right and banker know nothing. I applied at the branch with this banker, so she knows I have ITIN and today she told me that Chase changed policy and I can't apply anymore.

One question: you say that Discover no longer accepts itin, did you call to apply? A year ago I tried to apply online and the app said something like invalid social, so I called, explained my situation, sent copy some documents (including ITIN) and they approved me with no history (just a HP from Capital One the previous month) for $1,000.

Message 7 of 17
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, i called them. They dont take itins since November. No luck for me as i received my itin in december. What other cards u were able to get with itin?
Message 8 of 17
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

From what i know, citi, amex, bofa and chase as well as other smaller banks still take itin
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomeGuyOnTheWeb wrote:

I feel dumb for asking, but what's ITIN?

I'll be honest, I had to google it.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.