cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase only 2-5% instant approval,rest manual

tag

Chase only 2-5% instant approval,rest manual

That's what the rep just told me after I applied last night and received "under review".  Rep said only 2-5% get instant approvals now. Most are now reviewed manually. My app was still pending and to expect a response in 7-10 days.  

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase only 2-5% instant approval,rest manual

Totally anecdotal but I always get instant approvals...two times for two cards. I guess it could make sense if about 50% of the population have scores under X number. And if people with lower scores are the ones applying more often...I guess in some weird sense this could make sense.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2 prequals were instant.  The one time I cold apped it went into review.

Message 3 of 5

My last three were instant approvals.  This is a first. Should I wait a week and then call the recon line? Or call them now?

My scores are 740 Ex, 689 TU, and 669 EQ. Have AMEX Gold Rewards, Discover and AMEX Blue Everyday. My car loans are with Chase and my last one was as well. So I thought having a Chase would be nice to have. I don't plan on applying anywhere else til end of year, if at all.

Message 4 of 5
Gggmen
Valued Member

I got 2 instant approvals on two applications. One for FU for 4k which is now 5K and F for 3k. Neither card is a year old. Good luck
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.