Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase preapproved online but over 5/24

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase preapproved online but over 5/24

@Shadowfactor wrote:
Just made one. Have the same 4 offers as the online Prequalified site.

Does that app bypass 5/24 ?

Dang you're the first person to actually post that you see offers at CCJ!  We have no public data points on if it overcomes 5/24 or not.  If you're inquiry adverse, I wouldn't pull the trigger but if you can afford the inquiry hit I'd love to hear the results.

With Chase there's also evidence that double dipping (app for 2 cards the same day, different browers) works but no data points on using "prequalification" versus green checkmarks.

If it was me, I'd pull the trigger (I'm at 8/24) but I have no offers (not even on my Chase login).  Chase recon can be really decent and if you mention they gave you prequalified marketing offers both on CCJ and on their own web prequal page, maybe recon would override a denial.  Tough to say!

Message 11 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also would love to see a (sanitized) desktop screen shot of the CCJ offers so I can show others what it looks like.  And if you're a web geek coder let me know so we can see what the HTML source says there.

Message 12 of 94
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I’m going to call chase and see what underwriting says about it.

https://ibb.co/cQDyrb

I will review what the web code says when I get home and see if I’m able to post it safely without editing a lot of it

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 13 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFico Forums (desktop mode) has a "CODE" feature with the </> button.

Thanks for the screen cap -- great to see that the offers actually exist.  Now we just need more data points on 5/24 and CCJ offers!

Message 14 of 94
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I’ll post back when I talk to chase underwriting and try to ferret out the honest answer. Planned on calling 2-3 times and asking the exact same question.

Message 15 of 94
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Called chase credit analyst. Found the number on the backdoor thread.

Wasn’t very helpful. Didn’t really answer my question. He stated that some pre approvals bypass the 5/24 but couldn’t give me an exact answer if the website ones did or not. He said he couldn’t give me any information to discourage me from applying due to regulatory rules.

Going to try calling back tomorrow.

Message 16 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if the underwriting folks work past business hours -- might not hurt to call during the day and see if you can get a senior underwriter or someone else in underwriting.

Thanks for digging around -- the question about "prequalified" versus "preapproved" offers has been debated for years but almost no real data points on non-Chase customers and offers through the prequalification page or Chase Credit Journey.

Message 17 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pull the trigger and find out, it's only an inuiry.

Message 18 of 94
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Going to call tomorrow and ask around and then decide if I want to try my luck.

I have 10 on TU and 10 on EXP.

What agency does chase pull from ?

If worst case scenario and it was denied would chase let me use that same app for a non 5/24 rule card.

Message 19 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase pulls vary by state AND by product.  I believe the CSR leans heavily towards EX but there are a lot of data points on EX+EQ double pull.

My Freedom Unlimited was a TU pull (which is my worst score) but in some other states people have mentioned other bureaus.

Chase may allow you to use one pull for 2 apps the same day, but different products may pull different bureaus.

Remember an inquiry only scores for 12 months, but it starts losing a little ding at the 6 month mark or so.  After 12 months the inquiry is worth 0 lost FICO points but continues to reported (scoreless) for 24 months total.

Message 20 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.