Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase preapproved online but over 5/24

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase preapproved online but over 5/24

@Shadowfactor wrote:
We hold a US Bank FlexPerks card jointly. 4K limit on it, and that’s the limit thy gave us when my FICO score was barely touching 600 with 5 collections. Joint account. I think they were very generous since her score was only 710 around then.

Currently looking at USB or citi. Right now.

$4K is generous?  curious, what is this card you seek supposed to do, what utility are you or her looking for?

Message 81 of 94
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I consider 4K to be pretty generous when I was on the application. They offered her 10K if she took me off. But I needed the card for work.

Looking for the extra rewards and sign up bonus. The 3X mobile wallet is nice from US bank. A lot of her spend is restaurants but a lot of places around us offer mobile pay. So she could really take advantage of that. I fly a lot for work so the lounge perks would be awesome for me.

She would like to product change the travel rewards card we have with US bank into the cash back card and get a premium credit card.
She has access to my PRG for restaurant spend.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 82 of 94
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
I consider 4K to be pretty generous when I was on the application. They offered her 10K if she took me off. But I needed the card for work.

Looking for the extra rewards and sign up bonus. The 3X mobile wallet is nice from US bank. A lot of her spend is restaurants but a lot of places around us offer mobile pay. So she could really take advantage of that. I fly a lot for work so the lounge perks would be awesome for me.

She would like to product change the travel rewards card we have with US bank into the cash back card and get a premium credit card.

lol they offered $10K and you did a joint vs an au and got $4K.  wow.  dont have the bandwidth for any more. good luck in whatever you do.

Message 83 of 94
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

With having an Amex at 22k and several other cards sitting around 5-9K she didn’t feel like she needed more then 4K on the card. Plus it’s a Visa sig so you can exceed that limit.
The card hasn’t ever had more then 1800 charged on it At one time and that was me. She’s never put anything more then 2 grand on any card ever. So limits don’t really matter to her. She was trying to help me build my credit up so we can buy a house this coming winter.

Message 84 of 94
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

I'm wondering if she could have taken the $10k up front and then just added you as an AU after she received the card and created the online profile. Just a thought but I've never called in or talked to anyone about adding an AU, I just did it online. 

Message 85 of 94
arkane
Established Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
She had a pre approval for the CSP. She wanted the CSR though.

I talked to the banker and was told that recon can work with a store card. She called twice. First time. Lady didn’t even check anything and the second time they seemed to want to help. She kept putting her on hold and asking questions. Still no go.

She’s now going to app for the US bank altitude reserve. She wants a premium credit card.

If you can actually take advantage of the rewards structure of the card, fine. But this by itself is a terrible reason to get a card. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 86 of 94
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Yes I know. I or her plan to use the perks. Especially the lounge perks for me.
Plus the $325 airline credit makes it worth it. Basically getting the cash right back for the annual fee. Since Either of us will get reimbursed by work.

Message 87 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

You still haven’t answered if you asked for in branch offers or not.
Message 88 of 94
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Yes we did.
Not sure where they found the Prequalified Offers at since her checking account wasn’t setup fully yet. Waiting on fund transfer from another bank. She was in the system sorta though, she had a profile

She had offers for CSP, freedom, FU and slate. No CSR offer though

Message 89 of 94
arkane
Established Contributor

My banker told me Chase stopped doing preapprovals for CSR because it being a Visa Infinite card (theoretically) mandates a minimum SL of $10K.

However according to her, you can still be "invited" to apply for the card as a prequal of sorts. Apparently there's an internal CSR page where they can check -- if the next screen leads to an actual application, then you're "prequalified", otherwise it just throws a white page.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 90 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.